Replacing an Ivy Bridge NUC
My NUC running kodibuntu started rebooting two days ago, and now it completely fails to boot :-(

I have Kodi on a Amazon 4k Fire TV, but it feels much less responsive than the NUC was.

I also have a Pi2, and also find it not as responsive (even though it's fine when playing)

Is the Pi3 much faster in navigation ? or should I look at an Nvidia shield ? or should I just get a new NUC ?

I'm not bothered at all about 4k, 3D would be nice, but its not that important, it is mostly for DVD/BD rips and FreeviewHD (from mediaportal) on a 1080p plasma via an Onkyo TXNR 3030.

I've been reading threads on here for a day and a half trying to work out what I should replace it with, and I'm now at the "can't see the wood for the trees", so any constructive suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers
I'm guessing since you're mentioning the rPi, shield etc that Windows isn't a requirement, in which case I'd recommend a Haswell Celeron Chromebox running OpenELEC, assuming you can find one at a reasonable price in your locale (and actually, I know someone selling an i3 one with upgraded RAM and SSD). If not, then a Haswell (or better) i3 NUC or similar spec (eg, i3-4010U).
yes, windows is not a requirement, I'm very happy in a linux environment :-)

adding another option, I was hoping to reduce my options, not add to them!

I have seen a few Chromeboxes on eBay at reasonable prices, and it looks fairly straightforward to free them from the confines of ChromeOS

Thanks for the idea!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replacing an Ivy Bridge NUC0