v17 Addon setting "show notification"
In Krypton the Addon setting for "show notifications" is no longer enabled, unless "automatic update" is set. The problem is, when "Show notifications" is off, there's no progressdialog shown when installing addons. For example, my normal config is to have addon updates to "notify". I installed a skin from zip file and there was zero notification that Kodi was doing anything (it actually was downloading/installing all the dependencies which takes a while). The only way I knew it worked was that after a few minutes I got the okdialog "do you want to switch skins". AFAIK, the "show notifications" setting is what controls the display of the progressdialog in this situation. So I had to change my update setting to auto-update, then enable show notifications, then restore the update setting back to notify.

I think it would be better to have the Jarvis behavior restored where "show notifications" is always enabled. Also the positioning suggests this setting only affects updates but that isn't the case.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addon setting "show notification"0