Workaround to display Oscars / Globes / BAFTA info
Not yet but it's on my list to investigate. I've recently moved to Krypton and changed skins from Arctic:Zephyr to Titan beta. Once Titan moves out of beta I'll start looking at re-implementing my Oscars stuff. This time around I might look to display it as part of the info screen instead of the library view.

I've also recently rescraped a lot of my library because I've changed the file structure on my NAS and that wiped out the data in the hijacked MPAA fields (one of the downsides to my approach), so that got me thinking about whether tags would be a better way to go.

Cheers
^^^

I have also been using titan and have been trying to add all the rotten tomatoes icons and ratings to the footer with no luck. It is a great skin with tons of different views.
Actually adding RT info to the footer was next on my list. I suspect given all the variables in the skin it won't be as straight forward as Arctic was. Will give it a go this weekend and let you know how I go
I had a quick go and came up with this. I've only done it for the large media icon view. Doesn't seem to have broken anything that I can see.

PM me if you want the files.

Cheers

(2016-08-11, 13:21)Rubicon99 Wrote: I had a quick go and came up with this. I've only done it for the large media icon view. Doesn't seem to have broken anything that I can see.

PM me if you want the files.

Cheers

What happened to your awards?
(2016-09-12, 09:39)VikkiXavier Wrote: What happened to your awards?

Hey. I did the awards workaround on the Arctic skin. I've since moved to the Titan skin (screenshot above). I'm waiting for Titan to move out of beta (for Krypton) before I start implementing the awards stuff again. Although I do like Titan's 10x3 view so I don't think I'm going to have enough room to do what I did under Arctic. I've modded Titan's footer (screenshot below) a bit to make space but I think I'll only have enough room for the oscar, golden globe and bafta icons. I might move the category awards into the movie info screen.

Edit: I had a quick crack at getting something going using Tags instead of hijacking the MPAA field (as suggested by Charger Hellcat in post #12). I hadn't realised that the Kodi team had added the ListItem.Tag info-label earlier in the year. Much easier. As a test I created a Tag called "Oscar" and added all my movies that won best picture. I then tweaked the code for the footer in Titan to check for "oscar" as Tag and show the statue image if it gets a hit. I used:

String.Contains(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemTags),Oscar)

This was the result.

Now I just need to think about where I am going to display the labels for each category. Maybe some kind of scrolling list on the movie info screen maybe.
Sorry in advance Angel

but I am still a totally noob and I am desperate to know how to get Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritics etc. shown in the footer.
could you be so kind and tell me which kind for files I have to modify or give me your files for Arctic Zephyr skin?

I read so much, e.g. in the skin helper service thread, but i can't find anything, or i am too dumb Rolleyes
Thx Rubicon99,

can't write a pm, it says I don't have permission... but I am registered correctly...
(2016-09-24, 19:13)Nichsblicka Wrote: Thx Rubicon99,

can't write a pm, it says I don't have permission... but I am registered correctly...

If you decide to use Titan, download the emby repo and install from there. This should allow you to display rotten and metacritic
Hello! Please be patient i'm german native speaker, english not the best. Also i'm reading lot in kodi forum but usually not a forum poster.
I'm no coder, have no experience with anything, all i do is lots of hours try and error prinzip cause i'm huge fan of kodi.

I want to show movies with "Academy Award Best Picture" is showing an Oscar Statue Picture.
The Movies are tagged "award", the award.png Picture path is set, Code in the "Skin View.xml" is also set.

I tried all variations of the code line "<visible></visible>" (String conditions, brackets, spelling... tried all)
Definitely sure that this line is the only problem, in all variations i tried there are 2 resustls:
1) The award.png is shown i every Movie
2) The award.png is shown i no Movie

But the goal is to show the award.png only in tagged movies "award".
In the kodi developers guide under InfoLabels there is definitely a description that kodi Tags could be used as InfoLabel and could also set under a "visible" condition:-> "ListItem.Tag:Will return the name of the 'tag' this movie is part of."
But nothing works, please Help.

My Actual Code is:

<control type="image">
                    <left>250</left>
                    <top>595</top>
                    <width>450</width>
                    <height>230</height>
                    <height>500</height>
                    <include>FlagImage</include>
                    <texture>C:\Users\chris\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\media\resources\award.png</texture>
                    <visible>!String.Contains(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemTags),Award)</visible>
                    </control>
(2017-12-08, 20:20)chrissix Wrote: My Actual Code is:

<control type="image">
                    <left>250</left>
                    <top>595</top>
                    <width>450</width>
                    <height>230</height>
                    <height>500</height>
                    <texture>C:\Users\chris\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\media\resources\award.png</texture>
                    <visible>!String.Contains(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemTags),Award)</visible>
                    </control>
Hi chrissix

I have the oscar statue showing using the skin helper. There is no need to add tags. Skin helper has function to scrape award info.

Try this code:
Code:
<control type="image">
     <left>250</left>
     <top>595</top>
     <width>450</width>
     <height>230</height>
     <height>500</height>
     <visible>String.Contains(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Awards),Oscar) | String.Contains(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Awards),Oscars)</visible>
</control>

Skin Helper now needs an OMDB api key to get movie ratings and info.

You can request a free api key here: OMDB API

Once you have the api key go to settings --> system --> addons--> manage dependicies --> Metadata artwork utilies --> configure --> api --> patreon omdb api ---> Enter api key here.

After you have entered your key you need to delete the simplecache.db file so it picks up the new ratings. Go to file manager. Navigate to .kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.module.simplecache  --> Delete simplecache.db

Note: If you dont see the .kodi folder you may need to enable the hidden files and directories option in kodi settings.

Restart system. Hopefully the oscar awards pictures will show. it may take awhile for the oscar picture to show when updating. Leave idle on movie while it updates.

Hope this helps

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Workaround to display Oscars / Globes / BAFTA info0