Need advice for my installation.
Hi. I need an advice from Kodi team Smile
I need a good player, for FHD, BD ISO, 3D and Dolby Digital 5.1 pass-thru, CEC.
I have FHD Samsung Smart TV 55F8000 + Samsung H5530K (just for Digital in for Sound).
I tried a lot of Android Players (Rockchip, Amlogic), and don't have 3D and real pass thru, CEC. and good working Kodi.
I bought Pulse Eight CEC Adapter for CEC control. I need box only for Kodi, my Video library, IPTV, TV shows etc.
Problem, that i have. My TV does not support pass thru from Media Player via HDMI to my Blu-ray Samsung via HDMI. So i think that i must connect my TV with Media player via HDMI and my Blu-ray via Optical for DD.
I’m thinking HiMedia Q10 Pro maybe? Need you professional advice. Thank you a lot.
If you haven't read done so, read the "Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated March 2016)" sticky thread.
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
(2016-04-21, 19:57)shabuboy Wrote: If you haven't read done so, read the "Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated March 2016)" sticky thread.

I read it. And i have some ideas in my head, im just need an advice for right choise. Thank you.
Do you want to play your bluray thru Kodi ? Or as a separate device ?
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
(2016-04-21, 20:58)Rickt1962 Wrote: Do you want to play your bluray thru Kodi ? Or as a separate device ?

No! My BluRay player was bought as Sound Bar. No need to use it as player. I don't need my Smart TV features and my BluRay player at all. Only Sound from my BluRay and Picture from my TV.
Use some arrows like this as your's seems a confusing setup:
Like....
Kodi > HDMI> TV > Soundbar

or Kodi > HDMI > Soundbar > TV

I'm not sure where the Bluray fits into this setup, or does that need directly connecting to the Soundbar as well. ?
What Audio inputs does the Soundbar have ?

A picture or link of the Soundbar in question would definitely help here.

Its easy to google, it's a 'home theatre in a box` ie bluray player plus amp plus speakers.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-04-22, 04:49)wrxtasy Wrote: Use some arrows like this as your's seems a confusing setup:
Like....
Kodi > HDMI> TV > Soundbar

or Kodi > HDMI > Soundbar > TV

I'm not sure where the Bluray fits into this setup, or does that need directly connecting to the Soundbar as well. ?
What Audio inputs does the Soundbar have ?

A picture or link of the Soundbar in question would definitely help here.

Kodi>HDMI>TV>HDMI>BluRay F5530K

My system on paper Image
Bumping this thread hoping for some fresh info.. Well, maybe I could try your setup. Thanks! This helps.
The correct way is kodi--->home theatre--->tv, all connections hdmi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-04-22, 22:17)nickr Wrote: The correct way is kodi--->home theatre--->tv, all connections hdmi.

I'm guessing his HT is integrated with the Bluray player, and has no HDMI inputs, hence the need to use ARC/CEC and optical from his Kodi device
(2016-04-22, 23:47)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-04-22, 22:17)nickr Wrote: The correct way is kodi--->home theatre--->tv, all connections hdmi.

I'm guessing his HT is integrated with the Bluray player, and has no HDMI inputs, hence the need to use ARC/CEC and optical from his Kodi device
Exactly!!
Ok then the optical is your best bet. But the best you'll get is DTS and AC3. No HD audio. You can buy relatively cheap usb to optical sound cards, so you could buy a chromebox also quite cheaply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need advice for my installation.0