Audio Stutter
I have a Windows 7 PC with a Core i3-3220 CPU @3.30 GHZ and an Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 GPU. It connects with an HDMI cable to a Yamaha RX-V3900 AVR which then connects to a Samsung TV. The AVR can decode DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD. Until recently, I had been using the older XBMC Frodo. I never had a problem playing movies with HD audio. But I recently installed Kodi 16.0 Jarvis, and now when I watch movies with DTS-MA or Dolby TrueHD, I have audio dropout issues. The dropouts last less than in second, and occur sporadically. Sometimes there are only a few seconds between dropouts, other times there are several minutes. They do seem to occur at the same point in the movie. For example, in Star Wars the Force Awakens, there is always an audio dropout at 33 seconds into the movie right at the beginning of the opening yellow text crawl. I upgraded to 16.1 RC2, but the problem persists. I believe I have the same audio settings selected in Jarvis as I did in Frodo (although the options are presented slightly different). I have WASAPI HDMI selected as the audio output device (and passthrough device), I have passthrough enabled, and I have selected that my receiver is capable of DTS, DTS-HD, and TrueHD. The dropouts go away if I choose Directsound, disable passthrough, say that my receiver is not capable of HD audio, or select a non HD audio stream from within the movie. Also, XBMC Frodo is still installed and I so I have reconfirmed that the problem does not exist when using this version of Kodi.

Any ideas? I appreciate the help.
Have you gone over this thread? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=146911
It's because your Intel onboard gfx is not DX11 compatible.
Without replacing your system you won't be using Jarvis I'm afraid. I have the same problem.
Thanks for the responses. Patk, I did read through that thread but didn't find anything to help solve my specific problem. James, the onboard gfx have been disabled. I'm pretty sure Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 is DirectX 11 compatible.
Has anyone already found a solution for this problem? I have almost the same problem, only difference is that it doesn't happen at the same moment in a movie.
Started to notice it since I upgraded to Jarvis.

Hardware: Intel NUC5i3RYK, 8Gb Ram, Windows 10, Receiver Yamaha Z-7, Tv Panasonic Viera VT65

Already gone through all the 'How to threads' even uninstalled Jarvis and reinstalled it, could watch 5 movies with no prob at all but reappeared yesterday.
So same issue, only when I'm rewinding or play again it doesn't appear on the same moment. Seems random, sometimes 5 dropouts within 5 minutes, sometimes none after one hour.
(2016-04-26, 12:54)Ekfad Wrote: Has anyone already found a solution for this problem? I have almost the same problem, only difference is that it doesn't happen at the same moment in a movie.
Started to notice it since I upgraded to Jarvis.

Hardware: Intel NUC5i3RYK, 8Gb Ram, Windows 10, Receiver Yamaha Z-7, Tv Panasonic Viera VT65

Already gone through all the 'How to threads' even uninstalled Jarvis and reinstalled it, could watch 5 movies with no prob at all but reappeared yesterday.
So same issue, only when I'm rewinding or play again it doesn't appear on the same moment. Seems random, sometimes 5 dropouts within 5 minutes, sometimes none after one hour.

A quick google seems to suggest those are Intel i3 which isnt DX11 compatible. If so then thats the cause of the problem.
NUC5i3RYK is perfectly fine ... file a bugreport and trac - but use v17 nightlies to reproduce the issue, please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi, thank you. Will look into it. Do I need to list the bugreport here also?
Installed the latest v17 nightly, but can't reproduce the bug. The reason is because passthrough audio doesn't work at all. Now matter what the audio format (Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS-MA, TrueHD), the format that displays on my AVR is PCM. So presumably Kodi is decoding all of these formats even though I have passthrough enabled. Should I report this as a bug? Or is this something Kodi developers are already aware of?
(2016-04-26, 13:09)James_liv Wrote: A quick google seems to suggest those are Intel i3 which isnt DX11 compatible. If so then thats the cause of the problem.

So, you are saying the blog on the front page was just wrong when it said that no hardware upgrades would be needed since the DirectX 12 implementation is low-level? Jarvis will not work with a DirectX 10.1 card? It seemed to say backward compatibility was included.

That's why my system seems to have gone unstable?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Stutter0