Does HDMI CEC work with all Bravia TV?
Hello All,

I have a Sony Bravia 40x3500 (or XBR4/XBR5) and can't seem to get CEC working with either a Raspberry Pi or Odroid C2.
Has anyone successfully controlled Kodi using the Sony remote control on this exact TV?

Any help will be, of course ;-), appreciated!
I do not have that model but cec does work on my Sony bravia.
See if this gets you any where. In the settings look for an option abut hdmi control
I think you have to turn that on
By default, mostly this feature is turned off in the TV. I had to enable it in my Samsung TV.
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
HDMI CEC is a one wire bi-directional serial protocol designed to allow the user to control up to 15 CEC enabled HDMI devices.
Oddly it seems the CEC wiring within the cable is mandatory but the feature itself is optional within the device.
Luckily most if not all HDMI devices, other than some early HDMI devices, will have implemented this CEC feature.

It's pin 13 on your cable that handles this serial CEC protocol if you were wondering.
And i am not sure how 'standardised' or 'proprietary' CEC is (meaning some devices may still not play 100% with other manufacturers devices).

So it CEC does not work, check that the CEC feature is enabled on your TV (as already mentioned by others).
If that doesn't resolve the issue, try changing the HDMI cable (in case the wire connected to pin 13 is faulty though video and audio are working).

If you still have issues, consider what settings exist within the device (OpeElec on RPi3 allows some CEC configuration).
I'm a XBMC novice :)
Not sure about your model but my Sony kdl43 works the CEC fine but like mentioned go into your settings and enable it.
I think it's called BraviaSync on the sonys
Just to add my dissatisfaction about CEC.
I own for few months a LG TV with webOS.

It took me more than 2 weeks to get CEC working with Kodi 6.0.3 and at the end working, I don't know why.
BUT, CEC is very immature, webOS has only:
CEC: on/off
When ON,
Auto power sync: yes/no. Means TV will power on/off through CEC by other devices, other devices will power on/off by TV.
So, this is useless if one wants a small customisation. Kodi has 4 settings with multi-choice only for that!!!

TV are expensive with bad software, Kodi is free with a powerful software, thanks to valuable developers.

At the end I use a good URC and will add Kodi blasting with lirc.

This will not help you but is a good therapy for me ;-)
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
Hello,

Thing is I did turn on HDMI Set-up -> HDMI Control -> On and I can see my device in the HDMI Device List.

It's not running one of these new shiny OS but an old one (software version: 2.14.585 / starter: 0.27.9)

I guess it's a dead end Undecided
CEC on your TV may not be dead..

My Pioneer TV has a "HDMI control setting" menu where i can set which input has CEC control enabled and it is only this HDMI input that will check for CEC power on/off and CEC input change commands.

Likewise maybe your TV need to set which HDMI input has the CEC control function enabled and you have your RPi connected to this input for CEC to work as you expect.

Also it could be your TV is an early unit and they have a poorly implemented the CEC function. Try looking for a firmware update at your TV manufactures web site. Maybe there is a later firmware that fixes some CEC issues.

Otherwise don't dismiss a faulty or non compliant HDMI cable as a root cause of your issues.
You should also consider whethere the HDMI connected device also needs to have CEC enabled.

For example within OpenElec on RPi-2/3, if you step through the Kodi menu <SYSTEM> <SETTINGS> <SYSTEM> <Input device> <Peripherals> <CEC adapter> and press ok you will get a bunch of options one of which is to enable CEC. Maybe this has some how not been set (i think enabled is default).
I tried with 4 different cables (one of them belong to a friend of mine for which it works, CEC that is).

I also did go into some kind of HDMI menu to select my device to control, I see a message "connecting to device" with no further message (success or failed).

Finally, I tried on a samsung TV on which it worked but <input device><peripherals> was also greyed out (just like when I use the sony) so I thought it's not useful in my case.
Have you downloaded and installed the latest firmware update for your TV?
I tried to find it but it seems Sony only provides it if you bring the TV to a reseller that flashes it for you.
If you go to the sony website then click support>television>software & drivers then put in your tv information you will be able to download the drivers.

I don’t know exactly what tv you have but the bravia XBR400 series last updated firmware was in 2010.
Well it's a 40x3500 or (apparently) XBR4 or XBR5, not 400.

When I try to find a firmware for this TV I get "There are no files available to download for this model."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does HDMI CEC work with all Bravia TV?0