[Solved] RPi 2 stupid question... Userdata folder?
I have an RPi 2 running an OS X created sdcard of OSMC (Kodi 16). how do I access the userdata folder to create an "advancedsettings.xml" file? I don't see how to navigate to it from within Kodi, and when I pull the sdcard and put it in my mac I don't see the folder either. I think the installer created a virtual machine on the sdcard. Am I wrong about the virtual machine?
I always just use the file manager (wiki) and an SMB network source or USB drive. The file manager even has the userdata folder already added, but labeled as "Profile directory". This works for any Kodi device and any OS that Kodi runs on.
So I can create the advancedsettings.xml file on my mac, put it on a LAN share, then use the file manager to copy it to the "profile Directory". Is that correct?
Yep :)
Thanks Smile
You can also do it from your Mac/PC..

If you browse the network share on the Pi, you'll see the default shared folders of the Pi.

Ie, on Windows..

Start, run
\\ipaddress

or

\\openelec

You'll see the shared folder, browse to userdata and drop the file(s) in.

Reboot and voila.
When you put the SD card into your Mac, you won't initially be able to see it. The path is /storage/.kodi/userdata. Files and directories starting with a period are hidden by default.
(2016-04-22, 20:13)Dalton63841 Wrote: When you put the SD card into your Mac, you won't initially be able to see it. The path is /storage/.kodi/userdata. Files and directories starting with a period are hidden by default.

I don't think OS X will mount those volumes by default. It's possible with OSXFUSE, though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] RPi 2 stupid question... Userdata folder?0