Recording new series
Hi guys,

I went to record a new show. Since Kodi 16 I haven't been prompted wether I want to record just the individual episode offer the series. That's fine and all but the problem is that I am trying to record a series and it keeps showing up as a one time recording.

Is there a way to enable that pop up that and if you want a single recording or series? I live in the US (comcast) and perhaps they sent passing the right information for Kodi to know it is a series
One thing I should mention is that I think it works if you record the premier but in this case I am starting a few episodes in
In Kodi 16 there is now native support for series recordings so you need to choose "Advanced Recording" i think it is, then you will have all the various options of before (more options infact, like proper lifetime, keep up to X settings etc)
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Is that something I configure in Kodi or serverWMC?

Btw thinking it was the skin I changed to confluence and tried several recordings. None recorded the series
I looked for advanced recording in both the settings and serverWMC... Can't seem to find it
OK, I think I found it, instead of selecting record, i had to hit "add timer".

It's kind of cloogy if you ask me having both the add timer and record button available from the EPG.

I liked having the dialog pop up asking if you wanted to record the series or just that episode. Any way to bring that back?
The dialog was a bit hacky honestly, we had to show it ourselves in the addon, it didn't work in other skins without getting authors to include it. Fields like lifetime and priority had 1-99 values and meant nothing to pvr.wmc. We also had situations where we'd show our custom dialog then after you close that, Kodi would show its one (eg deleting a timer).

In Kodi 16 the Kodi core added native support for series recordings so we changed our implementation over to this.

Overall it's better as all pvr addons are consistent and Kodi handles the logic around things like when you delete a recording did you want to delete the instance or the series etc. They also have hierarchical parent/child interface in the timers screen (eg you can click into the series timer to see the instances currently scheduled). It also let us implement support for keyword/wishlist recording types and other things... All skins are supported and we can define custom values for lifetime, priority, keep length, any channel, any time, repeat vs premiere and so on.

Yes it's one extra button click to pop up the context menu then hit add timer but now things have this consistent approach it wouldn't be too hard far Kodi to add things like choosing the default action that should occur when you hit record on an EPG item, or allowing the "add timer" command to be used in key mappings so you could bind it to your record button yourself. Perhaps such things already exist but if not feel free to make the feature suggestion in the Kodi pvr forum. The good thing is, enhancements like that would then work for all users no matter which pvr addon they use.

But to directly answer your question, apart from going back to Helix there is no way to get the old pvr.wmc custom dialogs back.

Do give the new features a try though as alot of us were crying for native series support in Kodi and we finally have it Smile
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
I find the Kodi 16 recording kind of a pain. I guess there are 2 recording/timer paths. One generates just a one time timer that you can't do anything with other than delete. The other allows you to have pretty much full control over how the timer(s) gets defined. I suppose the idea is that "record" is meant just as a quick-and-dirty timer.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Thanks for weighing in guys,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording new series0