3D Ghosting, Kodi Vs PowerDVD
@MrBfJohn
There's a method to all this madness. hdmkv is here to 1st make certain you are ripping your disc the proper way to conform with what you have to work with. You are using makemkv and I'm not familiar enough with it to give you expert advice. hdmkv is. I rip another way using different software.
Follow his instructions exactly. Once you have that down, I will help you with your hardware, mainly Nvidia. We will establish you can render 3D correctly using the PDVD you have. When that is confirmed we will move on to using afedchins build and eliminate the need for PDVD unless you would like the option of using both like I do. One thing at a time. Be patient so we can do this step by step. No promises but all should go well.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
With MakeMKV, I've only done movie-only MKV rips... and I do know for 3D discs, the MVC option is NOT checked by default (only the H.264 option is). You have to check it, then build the MKV file. Otherwise, you end up with just the left-eye 2D file.

For creating a proper (pure) 3D ISO to test using @afedchin's MVC builds, I was going to suggest tsMuxeR. Just a movie-only 3D ISO, nothing else.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
These may help...

1. 3D MVC MKV guide via MakeMKV
2. 3D ISO remux guide via tsMuxeR

Or, here's what I do... ISO. Why? Kodi plays both ISO and MKV for 3D MVC, but most media players, like HiMedia Q10 Pro for example, only ISO. So, ISO is a safer bet. Another reason is, if you have a MVC MKV w/TrueHD, going to ISO from that is a PITA. Trust me Smile.

So, for movie-only ISO... here's the simple version Smile...

1. Put Blu-ray in your BD drive on PC, and let AnyDVD HD scan it, and keep it running in the background
2. Open MakeMKV and scan the disc. Why? ... to find the correct playlist for the main 3D/MVC movie. Close MakeMKV
3. Open tsMuxer and drag the correct playlist (MPLS file) into it
4. Choose ISO as the output
5. Only select the H.264, MVC and HD audio tracks, then build ISO. Done

Here's an example...

My HT
Provided he has anydvdhd or dvdfab.
If not, another user might be able to help?

If you do, just rip the disc to image so we can begin setup and testing and leave no margin for error.
You can strip the title later. It takes 15 mins or so to rip a whole disc.

@MrBfJohn
Do you have either of those software?
If not, visit the makemkv forum.
I've heard it can now rip 3D frame packed but I wouldn't know for certain let alone how.
That's your homework unless you've already done all that and are 100% certain your existing rip is perfect and compatible.
In that case, we can proceed when you are ready.
If you're not 100% certain, proceeding is of no value until you are.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Ok, I think there's some confusion here. Let me clarify so we don't wander off course. Plus Hopefully it'll help diagnose my issue Smile

-I'm not struggling to get a 3d file. I've got working 3D MKV's, and now I've tried the MVC build again the iso works in 3D also. (Previously I'd only tried iso's using madVR). I'll certainly try your method though. I really appreciate the howto, and I was leaning more towards the iso route so you've convinced me it's the way to go.
-The only issue I have is the ghosting/crosstalk
-My desktop resolution is 1080p 60Hz
-I have run the Nvidia 3d setup wizard at 1080p 24Hz and it worked perfectly without ghosting.
-PowerDVD displays 3D blu rays without ghosting, but will only play the discs, not iso's or MKV's.
-I've just tried stereoscopic player and that has the exact same ghosting.
-I do have an AVR, but it's not currently connected.

And that's pretty much where I'm at. Is there anything I've forgotten that might be relevant?

Again, thanks for your input. I do appreciate it.

John
(2016-04-21, 01:07)brazen1 Wrote: Provided he has anydvdhd or dvdfab.
If not, another user might be able to help?

If you do, just rip the disc to image so we can begin setup and testing and leave no margin for error.
You can strip the title later. It takes 15 mins or so to rip a whole disc.

@MrBfJohn
Do you have either of those software?
If not, visit the makemkv forum.
I've heard it can now rip 3D frame packed but I wouldn't know for certain let alone how.
That's your homework unless you've already done all that and are 100% certain your existing rip is perfect and compatible.
In that case, we can proceed when you are ready.
If you're not 100% certain, proceeding is of no value until you are.

You wrote that whilst I was waffling on in the above post^^ Laugh
I'll give those other programs a try and report back. I think dvd fab has a 30 day trial I can use.
What version of PDVD are you using? Has to be 15 or 16 to use it's internal mounter.
Simply right click the iso and select play with PDVD.
It should mount to an unused drive letter, switch your panel to frame packed mode, and begin playing.

If you are using an earlier version, you have to manually mount for now, using virtual clone drive, just for testing or integration with KODI later.
Again, right click the virtual clone drive mount of your iso and select play using PDVD.

What happens?

I'll give you this tut anyway in case you find something you haven't done:

Provided you are using Windows 8 or 10 and are continuing to use an Nvidia GPU (Intel HD Graphics will be different):

There's really no need to do this step but in the event you want to put Windows back exactly how it is at this moment in time, create a system image. If you are not certain how to do this, let me know.

Revert to defaults on your panel. At the very least, rename your HDMI input back to default.
HDMI from your PC or your AVR goes to HDMI 1 on your panel. Bypass AVR if possible during testing to factor it out.

Get latest Nvidia drivers or reinstall even if current http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
Create a new folder on the desktop.
Select the radio button at the beginning of setup and unzip to your new folder. (it's at the bottom of the list)
Select Custom Advanced.
Check Perform clean install.
You do not need the 3D controller driver, or Nvidia GE force experience. Uncheck both.
Once finished installing, delete new folder.

Right click desktop and open Nvidia Control Panel.
Select Setup Stereoscopic 3D tab.
RUN SETUP WIZARD. This confirms left/right eye and that your panel auto switches into 3D mode since the wizard enables Stereoscopic in the control panel. You will need your glasses. Don't forget to select the pop out picture at the very end of the setup that shows (2) choices.
Select setup resolution at the end of stereoscopic setup and you should be back in the control panel.
From the Change Resolution tab, change resolution to HD 3D 1080p 1920x1080 set at 24Hz and apply. (2 different settings boxes)
Now select Ultra HD 1080p 1920x1080 (native) 60Hz and apply.
Make certain Stereoscopic 3D is still checked (enabled).
Select adjust image settings preview tab.
Check use my settings emphasizing quality and apply.
Close the Control panel.

*Edit*
If you're not familiar with fab settings, ask.

As you have full rip via MakeMKV, probably don't need AnyDVD HD or DVDFab. Just use MakeMKV to identify main 3D MVC playlist, then use that in tsMuxeR to build new ISO.
My HT
I think he did that only instead of tsMuxeR he used imgburn. I think had he used tsMuxerR and stripped the makemkv rip, it would remove protection as well? I don't think Imgburn can strip, only rip file structure to an iso container which for testing might be good enough. We shall see.....

MakeMKV strips the copy protection, and tsMuxeR builds the movie-only ISO.
My HT
Yes, I Just used MakeMKV to get the blu ray folders and remove the protection. ImgBurn then gave me a protection free full copy iso, so it should be a perfect copy minus the protection. I'm using powerDVD 15. It mounts the blu ray iso, then hows this message.
It's kind of weird because it's playing an unprotected version of a physical disc that I have played on that very same software.

Anyway, I'll work through your method when I get home from work tomorrow and report back.

Thanks again

John

P.S. I'm using windows 7
*EDIT*
It is a requirement that you be using Windows 8 or later. Suggest you upgrade. Windows 10 is a free upgrade. No point in continuing for now.

I don't know if afedchins build works correctly on W7?
Someone else will have to confirm or deny.

It's your rip. PDVD does not recognize it.
Not sure if fab trial allows 3D rip.
I suggest try that and see.

Other alternative is to use your original makemkv folder structure.
Name the folder correctly with .3D in the title at the end. Avatar (2009) .3D
There MUST be 10 files and folders in your file structure folder:
Create them if missing. Does not need to have data in all of them.
AUXDATA
BACKUP
BDJO
CLIPINF
JAR
META
PLAYLIST
STREAM
index.bdmv (you can create these last two if needed by renaming text file extension to .bdmv.)
MovieObject.bdmv

Open PDVD
Add folder with Avatar to movies section of media.
Switch to Cinema mode.
Find Avatar in Movies and select it.

What happens?

P.S. I'm having surgery performed Friday. I should be rebooted by Saturday or so. If you haven't heard from me, I haven't forgot or abandoned you and we'll continue if necessary.

I think what I'll do is buy a couple of things to try. I'm going to buy a Pi 3 and see how that performs, and depending on that outcome I may also buy one of these...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015Q29WNM/r...G2G61ADFXX
This machine I'm using is a very expensive gaming rig, and I really don't want to cock up my gaming settings, or install windows 10 just yet. I can just upgrade that Lenovo to windows 10 and play around with settings all day long without worrying about it if the Pi doesn't perform.

I'll let you know how I get on. And I hope your surgery goes/went well.

report back to you soon.

John

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Ghosting, Kodi Vs PowerDVD0