How to stop bookmark titles from scrolling
Hi.

I love Amber skin because it works really well with PlexBMC. One thing that annoys me a bit is when I go to the bookmark section of a video file that has many chapters, all the text of each bookmark would scroll. It's hard to read or search quickly for a particular chapter if the text keep scrolling. I like to stop them from scrolling, or maybe just make the bookmark that's being highlighted to scroll while keeping the ones that are not highlighted to stay still.

I can play around by editing the necessary xml files if you can point me to the right file.

Thanks
I've updated the bookmark screen for Krypton, how does this look to you?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5C...hoto%2cjpg

I've set the label to only scroll when highlighted. If it looks good and would be useful I could backport to Jarvis.

Thanks
Hi Joethepartylion,

Thanks for your reply. The pictures that you posted look good. However, I can't test whatever changes you made. I installed the newest version Krypton (which is dated today). The Amber skin running with the newest Krypton version still have scrolling bookmark titles. When I switch the skin over to Estuary, the bookmark titles stopped scrolling. That is good, but I want that feature to work with Amber. Do I have to download the newest version of Amber? Did you make changes to Amber skin or to Krypton?
Hi, you will need to install the Amber Krypton WIP skin from here:

https://github.com/joethepartylion/skin....e/Krypton2

Let me know how you get on.
Hi Joethepartylion,

I installed the Amber skin from your link, and it worked wonderfully. The titles stop scrolling, except for the highlighted bookmark. Things are so much easier to read. Thanks so much for your help.

However, the latest combination of Krypton and Amber doesn't work with PleXBMC. I think PleXBMC's latest version works with Isengard. I think this issue with PleXBMC is out of the scope of this part of the forum, so I'll just leave it for now. Thanks again for your help.
(2016-04-24, 04:06)pizzadude69 Wrote: Hi Joethepartylion,

I installed the Amber skin from your link, and it worked wonderfully. The titles stop scrolling, except for the highlighted bookmark. Things are so much easier to read. Thanks so much for your help.

However, the latest combination of Krypton and Amber doesn't work with PleXBMC. I think PleXBMC's latest version works with Isengard. I think this issue with PleXBMC is out of the scope of this part of the forum, so I'll just leave it for now. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for the report, I was think of maybe moving the time to an overlay over the bookmark image to increase the space for the bookmark name, this would reduce the likelihood of scrolling.

Does the master zip in jesters fork work with Krypton/plexbmc? If so then I've managed to break something, I don't have plex set up so haven't tested that with my latest changes.

Thanks for the help.
I've had another go and updated the screenshot, the time should now appear in the top right of the bookmark image leaving more space for the bookmark label to reduce the possibility of scrolling.
Hi Joe.

I found out this morning that the latest Amber skin works with PlexBMC. It just takes awhile for it to switch over to Plex mode from Kodi mode. I either have to wait or press "reload menu", and it switches over to Plex mode right away.

You said earlier that if I find your latest bookmarks fix useful, then you can backport it to Jarvis. Well, can you backport it to Isengard version of Amber as well? I don't use Jarvis because its function of sorting while ignoring articles doesn't work. That problem has been well documented, but I have yet to see a fix for it. Isengard works for me, so I'm sticking with it for now.

Thanks Joe.
(2016-04-24, 17:33)pizzadude69 Wrote: Hi Joe.

I found out this morning that the latest Amber skin works with PlexBMC. It just takes awhile for it to switch over to Plex mode from Kodi mode. I either have to wait or press "reload menu", and it switches over to Plex mode right away.

You said earlier that if I find your latest bookmarks fix useful, then you can backport it to Jarvis. Well, can you backport it to Isengard version of Amber as well? I don't use Jarvis because its function of sorting while ignoring articles doesn't work. That problem has been well documented, but I have yet to see a fix for it. Isengard works for me, so I'm sticking with it for now.

Thanks Joe.

Thanks for letting me know Plex is working, that's good to know.

I don't think there are any Jarvis\Krypton specific code in the VideoOSDBookmarks.xml file so I think you should be able to just copy that over the Isengard one (but make a backup first :-) )

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to stop bookmark titles from scrolling0