Using ListItem.DBTYPE in info dialogs
(2016-04-22, 18:53)phil65 Wrote: One general comment:
Recent changes make it neccessary that all conditions used inside InfoDialogs (DialogVideoInfo.xml etc...) do not depend on the "main" container anymore, otherwise all kind of weird stuff can happen (even if it´s not that obvious).

In other words: Don´t use Container.Content(xx), Container.Art(xxx) etc inside those dialogs, but only Listitem.DBType, ListItem.Art(), etc.
These changes are neccessary because The InfoDialog can now get opened from every window, and not just mediawindows.
Makes sense, I was able to fix some issues with my info dialog when used with my video widgets. I noticed on the wiki that ListItem.DBTYPE is not available for artist/album/song. I also didn't see musicvideo in the list of options.

http://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels

Any word if DBTYPE will be extended for the music library? I could then improve the info dialog for my music widgets.

Thanks!
Wiki was outdated. I've adjusted the wiki accordingly. (source)
(2016-04-23, 09:40)BigNoid Wrote: Wiki was outdated. I've adjusted the wiki accordingly. (source)
Great, thanks BigNoid!

Sent from my Nexus 6
(2016-04-23, 09:40)BigNoid Wrote: Wiki was outdated. I've adjusted the wiki accordingly. (source)

But what about Addons?
For example Apple Movie trailers indicate himself as movie ( "Container.Content(movies)" ) but the ListItem.DBTYPE ist Empty.
I´m not an "addonuser", but when addons always have an empty DBTYPE, if this did not mean that we use
double values like

Code:
<value condition="String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBTYPE) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.TVShowTitle)">Tvshow</value>
<value condition="String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBTYPE) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.TVShowTitle) +  !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Duration)">Movie</value>

and so on to indicate if a addon identify himself as movie or tvshow and so on?

Regards
The add-on author should update his add-on to set the dbtype. See here for an example.
(2016-04-24, 14:10)BigNoid Wrote: The add-on author should update his add-on to set the dbtype. See here for an example.

Ah, ok..

Thank for the Note.
Before I update my info dialogs and define to complex VAR´s for the conditionsSmile.

Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using ListItem.DBTYPE in info dialogs0