SMB no longer works after 16.1 update
I can no longer browse my network from android devices with Kodi 16.1 just updated. Windows pc still works.
(2016-04-24, 17:21)bjones7134 Wrote: I can no longer browse my network from android devices with Kodi 16.1 just updated. Windows pc still works.

No problem on my AFTV 2.
Two things to try:

One is to reboot your Windows PC and other network devices, which will force them to reset which network device is the SMB "master" or whatever. (it's some weird thing in SMB...)

The other is to try SPMC (wiki) which has a setting for using SMB v1.
Had the same problem. It appears the problem is not the update to Kodi 16.1. When you updated, you probably also updated samba. Because of a fixed security issue now some configurations are broken. The solution for me was to add the following to ~/.smb/smb.conf and /etc/samba/smb.conf directly under the [global]-part within the file:

Code:
client use spnego = no
client NTLMv2 auth = no

After making the changes, save and restart.
Hope this helps you out.
I have the same problem on my matricom gbox q. Upgraded to kodi 16.1 now smb will not work. I can see the network and files and folders via my file explorer but not in kodi.
I have the same problem on my matricom gbox q. Upgraded to kodi 16.1 now smb will not work. I can see the network and files and folders via my file explorer but not in kodi.
Hi,

I have the same problem with any Jarvis or Krypton versions of Kodi. I have 2 Amazon Fire tv's V1 one I have installed Jarvis and the other one I have installed Helix 14.2.

The Jarvis version will see the windows 10 share folders but not the files.

The Helix version will see the folders and files. Helix works perfectly adding movies into Kodi's Library.

I have also swapped the fire tv that Helix and jarvis is installed on to eliminate the problem being with one of the firetv's but the problem followed the Jarvis install regardless of which fire tv its installed on while the Helix version works on either Fire tv.

I have tried a lot of the windows 10 tricks in the registry like increasing the IRPStackSize and adding AllowInsecureGuestAuth

I'm unsure if this is a windows 10 issue because Kodi 14.2 works fine with smb shares however any newer version of Kodi will not see the windows 10 shares.

I wish I had a real solution to make current versions of Kodi work with my shares, but I have been unable to do so.
(2016-04-27, 17:15)GlennD Wrote: Had the same problem. It appears the problem is not the update to Kodi 16.1. When you updated, you probably also updated samba. Because of a fixed security issue now some configurations are broken. The solution for me was to add the following to ~/.smb/smb.conf and /etc/samba/smb.conf directly under the [global]-part within the file:

Code:
client use spnego = no
client NTLMv2 auth = no

After making the changes, save and restart.
Hope this helps you out.

Glenn I am really unsure of what your telling us here. Where and how do I access this file for editing? Windows server side or firetv client side? Thanks for any help you may provide.
Hello justsidewayz,

Sorry I didn't mention the OS i'm using with Kodi. It's a linux distro. The problem as described in the first post, is linux-based (and thus android). Bjones7134 said 'windows pc still works'. So I'm quitte sure the problem is on the firetv client side when it's OS is some kind of linux. With the update(s) the security of 'windows-shared-folders' -> samba is changed. That's is why you can't access them anymore. For me the solution was to change security settings in the mentioned files.

To access the files I mentioned, you can just SSH into the client (if that is possible, I have no experience with firetv). From a windows based computer, you can use a free program like 'PuTTY'. You can also edit the mentioned files if you have access to the filesystem on the device (your firetv) directly. But, I don't know if that is possible on a firetv.

Hope this will help you.
(2016-07-17, 12:38)GlennD Wrote: Hello justsidewayz,

Sorry I didn't mention the OS i'm using with Kodi. It's a linux distro. The problem as described in the first post, is linux-based (and thus android). Bjones7134 said 'windows pc still works'. So I'm quitte sure the problem is on the firetv client side when it's OS is some kind of linux. With the update(s) the security of 'windows-shared-folders' -> samba is changed. That's is why you can't access them anymore. For me the solution was to change security settings in the mentioned files.

To access the files I mentioned, you can just SSH into the client (if that is possible, I have no experience with firetv). From a windows based computer, you can use a free program like 'PuTTY'. You can also edit the mentioned files if you have access to the filesystem on the device (your firetv) directly. But, I don't know if that is possible on a firetv.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks Glenn, The files I want to share are on a windows 10 desktop computer. I will look in to that program PuTTY. I do have acess to the files on the Windows 10 machine and can change their share settings, however I have tried a lot of configurations and still the same Helix on fire tv can see the shares and play them, while Jarvis on another fire tv cannot see them. One thing to note if I boot the fire tv that has Jarvis I can open kodi go to the video file share and can see a few of the movies. Then if I back up on directory and go back in to the share all the movies that did show up are gone. IDK I have seen others with the same circumstances.

Thanks for your suggestions Glenn D.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB no longer works after 16.1 update0