Audio resample to fixed 5.1 audio in Kodi.
Hello,

Kodi is great home theatre program. I owned also new mediaplayer with h265 play support, it has also Kodi installed.
But i run mostly from Windows computer due h264/10bits movies.

Now, i use always Mediaplayer Classic because it has audio options to resample audio to fixed 5.1 audio.
Yes, all audio will resampled to 5.1 audio. It worked good.

Why? Because my Sony headgear. This Sony headgear has SPDIF optical connection, it's connected with TV optical out.
But you know SPDIF has 5.1 audio because i have optical HDMI splitter between TV and receiver, it is set on 5.1 audio.
The Windows pc is connected with receiver with HDMI cable.

If i set Mediaplayer Classic on fixed 5.1 audio output, 48 KHz. The Sony headgear will receive correct audio, in 5.1 sound. (Even normal 2.0 audio in most movies works too with 5.1 resampling)
Works perfect.

I tried set everything in Kodi audio settings, but no success. Yes there are some 5.1 audio settings but i cannot find right option.
It's not impossible because Mediaplayer Classic can set it.

So, i need your help which settings are needed for fixed 5.1 audio resampling. This is only problem i cannot solve it.
What must i do? Can i set it, or is there some special trick needed with script?

With default 2.0 audio, i cannot hear from Sony headgear. That is not good. Receiver and TV have sound in normal ways, but it's turned off because i want use Sony headgear to avoid (night) noise.
And it will not work unless audio is resampled to correct 5.1 audio for SPDIF use.

Thank you very much.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Audio_settings
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Found the important part to make it possible.
It was in FFDshow Audio settings. Here in Output settings you see options enabled to make it possible.
5.1 and 48KHz resamping are already set.

The problem: passthrough option is not visible in Kodi Audio Output settings. It's hidden here.

See my settings screen: there is no passthrough option. Sad
The videocard is AMD and video is send through HDMI.

What can i do here?
You have scrolled down to the end where this option usually lives, haven't you?
If I recall correctly you can't passthrough when set to fixed mode as that makes no sense at all.

What you most likely want to do is transcode all stereo sources to Dolby Digital 5.1 so set Number of Channels to 2.0, enable Stereo Upmix, and enable Dolby Digital Transcoding.
When i set Output Configuration on Optimal, the passthrough option showed below.
Not with fixed setting. So i will use Optimal setting.

Yes, all audio must converted for SPDIF use, because it's for Sony wireless headgear. This is set on 5.1 due HDMI/SPDIF splitter.
Standard 2.0 audio must converted so it can passtrough to Sony.
Other DD and DTS sounds don't need converted and can direct passtrough to Sony. The headgear station can decode them.

This signal is also no problem for receiver, it will also work. The signal goes always first through the receiver.

I will check your options, jjd-uk. Thank you.
What model is your Sony?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I have Sony Wireless 5.1/7.1 Surround-Headphone MDR-DS6500. You need optical input for 5.1 sound, because it has also normal 2.0 L/R input.

Set it to 2.0 channels showed indeed extra options, i can do upmix and DD Transcoding for SPDIF passthrough.

I hear sound in many video's, but not sure i got DD sounds as DD sounds. Who can confirm it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio resample to fixed 5.1 audio in Kodi.0