Win PVR Grouping and resume
Hello,
New to forum and Kodi, been using WMC/EMBY for many years, windows 10 you know the rest

We record a lot of OTA TV, I have 2 things that maybe small but they are important for us:
1. Is there a way to permanently disable the group items/Folder grouping in the TV recordings?
2. In TV recordings if i play 20 min of a 60 min recording, if i bring up the resume menu and then click "back" the recording begins from the start again. I have tried similar scenario in video library but it does not reset back to the start of the show, is this by design?

my specs
Windows 7 64bit
kodi 16
PVR - have tried Argus TV (currently using) ,Nextpvr, Media portal. ServerWMC does have grouping settings that KODI frontend picks up and there is no grouping in the client but i would prefer not to use WMC.

cheers
Not sure I understand point 1 ? Do you mean stop grouping recordings in to series? So all recordings are flat? Not sure if this is PVR specific or skin, in my sidebar I have a "group items".. have you tried another skin? Give Titan a go...

With 2 I can certainly resume from where I stopped the recording... If you're not seeing this then again I guess it's PVR/skin specific....
Hi AshG,
All i want is the recordings to be listed by the file not folder, permanently. I was hoping it would be an .xml change in some settings file. i have found it listed in 'includesPVR.xml', as radio button ID5. i have played with those settings but unfortunately i dont know enough.
Yes i have the group items in the sidebar but it is not permanent, every time you restart Kodi it resets back to default of having each show listed in a folder. In NextPVR, there are advanced settings so you can disable nextpvr creating a folder for each show. In the recordings it still shows them in a folder.
I have treid Confluence, Aeon Nox and Aeon MQ6. Aeon Nox does not have the side bar 'group tiems' but the other 2 behave the same, back to default after a restart of Kodi.

for 2. i can resume a show if i select the resume from XXX, but if i as stated click 'back' because i dont want to watch it and the resume menu is open it automatically starts playing the show from the beginning. If i bring up the context menu which also has resume from XXX, and i click 'back' it just cancels the menu and goes back to the recordings

i will try the titan skin
thanks for your reply
cheers
As of now, "group recordings view" setting will not be persisted. Switching to another skin won't help. This must be implemented in Kodi pvr core.
thanks Ksooo,

is there any work around i could use to simulate unchecking the group items as i enter the PVR recordings window?

do you have any thoughts on the resume issue i have?

cheers
i solved the grouping issue i had, i downloaded the source code and modified the PVRRecordings.cpp file line 40 and recompiled the KODI.exe. Now everytime i start KODI and enter PVR recordings the files are not shown in folders
......xbmc-16.1-Jarvis\xbmc\pvr\recordings\PVRRecordings.cpp
original: m_bGroupItems(true),
new: m_bGroupItems(false),

i haven't solved my resume issue, it is very annoying that the file restarts from the start, how does the "back" key translate to "play from the beginning" only in PVR recordings window.
is this a bug?

anyway wanted to share my grouping solution.
and am still looking for any help on the resume issue

cheers
Yes the resume dialog does have have bug. You might want to send a bug ticket about it.
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V
ticket created..
Ticket #16723

|
V
Btw, I took myself the freedom to implement persistence for the grouping setting for Kodi v17 Krypton. ;-)
Question: how do I bring up the obviously buggy resume dialog with the back button you mentioned? I only know about the context menu...
So if you play a recording half way then stop it. Then go to play it again the context menu should appear now press back and now the video will play from the start.

I would think no video to start just closes the context menu

|
V
Will be fixed in Kodi Krypton Alpha 3 or Beta 1.
=> https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10173
The fix will be in alpha 3. I just merged it.
Thank you Smile that is good news

|
V

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Grouping and resume0