Android MP3 plays in higher pitch
Hello, community,
I am running Kodi 16.1RC2 on an Amazon Fire TV Stick and added my music-library from a NAS.

Now I realized that each song is played in a higher tone than usual (I guesss 3-4 notes higher).
Therefore its quite annoying to listen to any song ("Mickey-Mouse voices").
Does someone know a solution for this?

If I play the same songs via Kodi 16.1RC2 on WIndows everything is OK.

Greetings,
HansWurst
Is your audio output locked to 48khz? Most recorded audio is 44.1 to match the cd standard
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Move to Android forum. No idea what it was doing in the Raspberry Pi area.
Same with android's music player / video player?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Latest spmc update (to 16.2). Pitch fluctuating - higher, lower, higher. Not only mp3. Tested with video streams, mp2 audio (dvb-t from tvheadend) Of course, no need to say this is critical issue. This makes kodi completly unusable
The OP talks about music playback - not about video playback with a Video Sync Playback Clock enabled on a decoder that is not able to output frames smoothly without stuttering.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
This is related to sound pitch. No matter if it's about video or only audio file playback. Pitch is actually too low for me. Please check this out:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0CUjkb...p=drivesdk

Not stuttering. Audio pitch keeps changing all the time and this was introduced after latest 16.2 update. 16.0/ is perfectly fine.
OP is saying about incorrect tone/pitch. So this looks lije EXACTLY THE SAME issue.
Kodi does _not_ constantly adjust the pitch if it plays audio only tracks. I want your Debug Log ... a video proves nothing.
This is not video, it's audio... you can listen to see what I mean. Anyway, after disabling sync playback to display it stopped that crazy pitch adjustments. This looks weird for me
You really want to tell me this happens when you play a simple mp3 with paplayer? And then you turn off "Sync Playback to Display" - paplayer will play it correctly? Not really ... you use the video player and played a music video or something.
Yes, sorry. I mean music videos, mp3 not tested yet. But, what's going on? Why am I ecperiencing so crazy pitch changes?
I already told you ... above. This settings makes kodi sync to display ... as it seems your display clock works totally bogus you get that effect. Is this again that great box from last time?
Actually, Zidoo has a fix for that. In their modified kodi, they removed "sync playback to display" option... now I know why

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MP3 plays in higher pitch0