Req zorder back please..
Hi.

I believe this functionality got the boot (by some clever girl?!) earlier on?
And now there is NO WAY to control the rendering order of items?

I am trying to crossfade between "things", and I want a different animation on the top "thing".
But I have no way of telling this "thing" to render on the top of the stack?!?

Also, now, with the whole a-few-years-too-late-to-the-party stereoscopic rendering.. we have to be able to set the zorder! (and animate it obviously)

(I might be mistaken, so perhaps this is a question on how to change the z-order from python)

sigh..
the zorder tag is still available if needed.
the only recent change was that kodi should now properly handle stacking of dialogs out of the box,
without the need for skins to define a zorder value in several dialog xml files.

that being said, if you use the WindowXMLDialog class in python, you can still define a zorder in your xml file.

since you mention stereoscopic rendering, you can use the depth tag in xml files to control the depth of each dialog.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi ronie, thanks for your reply. Much appreciated!

I wonder if all this zorder goodness is xml only? In short; Can I use it to - through python or others - force a panel to render on top, when it was rendering below? (as it is sadly implicitly "defined" in the xml)

I have a feeling that the "depth" tag is merely a horizontal offset of the rendering of the control on the two images needed for the stereoscopic process and thus pretty awful - if an on-top item is "rendered" to appear further away than the item "below" it.

I also have a feeling that there is no animation support of the depth tag (or access through python), and that even if there were, there would still not be any zorder sorting routine to take care of business and render in the real zorder?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
zorder back please..0