Kodi Stigmatizing TV ADDONS Has Led to Far Worse Infringement
I don't know if anyone else realizes this but it seems that Team-Kodi stigmatizing TV ADDONS over the past couple of years has only resulted in the addon community spiralling out of control, leading to scams, far worse Kodi trademark infringement and users being put at risk.

You can't stop these addons, so better to show solidarity with those who are legitimate, rather than stigmatize them and let the scammers take over. TV ADDONS has community standards and keeps users safe and civilized.
All they do is asking TVAddons not to use Kodi's name and logo to associate it with illegal addons, hardly stigmatizing...
KODI have a right to defend their trademark and intellectual property from being abused without their consent.
Add-ons will and can be created/used regardless where user/add-on developer has a use-case irrespective to the nature of the add-on (legal or otherwise).

Your consensus as to state the add-ons (TV ADDONS) as legitimate are overly incorrect.
They do not come from the official KODI repository
KODI have only requested they stop use of their name/trademark (stigmatizing.....?)

Regulating them is not the job or purpose of KODI/Team/Foundation.
KODI/users/forum/team, etc choose to educate users and provide assistance.
They do not police them.

It is up to the user how they decide to utilize this exceptional & free open source software.
If you have an issue with the scammers, report them
(2016-04-25, 21:15)jabless Wrote: I don't know if anyone else realizes this but it seems that Team-Kodi stigmatizing TV ADDONS over the past couple of years has only resulted in the addon community spiralling out of control, leading to scams, far worse Kodi trademark infringement and users being put at risk.

Firstly, what is your evidence that they are being "stigmatised"?

Secondly, even assuming you have evidence for your first accusation, what is the evidence or correlation that this "stigmatisation" has "resulted in the addon community spiralling out of control"?

Isn't it true that this is at best, your own personal opinion but most likely just a troll post?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Kill off android, then the parasites will look for greener targets.

Right now, it's just too easy to grab a release or nightly, re-pack it with crap addons and install it on a device to sell as 'fully-loaded'. Until this is made much more difficult, wack-0-kodi games will continue until the major content providers get really upset and take out their C&D hammer and take everything kodi down.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
Absolutely pointless as the biggest market here is reselling raspberrypi fully loaded with crap so that needs to go as well then
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Not really, Across the world, android abuse is several orders of magnitude larger than raspberrypi Smile And there are no apps/browser under raspberrypi, nor a stable netflix or amazon prime.

The point here is either team-kodi takes some real action or someone much, much larger will and it will be 'game over' for all.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
Do you not see sites like bestforkodi and koditips being far worse offenders of the Kodi trademark than TV ADDONS? Shutting TV ADDONS out is just making those guys bigger.
(2016-04-25, 23:26)jabless Wrote: Do you not see sites like bestforkodi and koditips being far worse offenders of the Kodi trademark than TV ADDONS? Shutting TV ADDONS out is just making those guys bigger.

I think you have the wrong idea about why other sites exist. Those other sites exist because there is money to be made. That doesn't change regardless of what the official Kodi project does. The market for this is massive and shouldn't be underestimated.
Sorry I had just read some threads here and was wondering about this, all good.
None of them are exactly on our christmas card list...

One point is that whenever such a site is mentioned in a binned post (or indeed in a debug log, as there are certain banned piracy builds which explicitly point people to that site), it's almost always that one. Hence why it gets such a bad press around here, at least in part. The fact that there are others doesn't make that one any better.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
From Yatse support point of view I can confirm a very very very large increase of support related to those crappy addons too.

It increased a lot since the official announce war started.

And now users answer are often : I quote one : " I believe you are aware that almost all people use Kodi to stream media from the internet that are most of the time “pirated”, as you said."

So seems indeed that things gone worst and that users are fully aware of the situation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Stigmatizing TV ADDONS Has Led to Far Worse Infringement1