Can't access network after update
Not sure if this is the same issue as I ran into, but I am running Ubuntu 14.x and had the same problem. I discovered that Linux performed an update the same day and caused all my network shares to require a password. From what can tell, it's a OS thing and not necessarily a kodi issue.
That said, I added username and password and was able to access the shares, but can't get live tv working. Something is needing the username and password to get to NextPVR but I can't figure out what...
(2016-04-27, 02:26)mxlance Wrote: thank you for the reply
i can connect to the mac smb shared folders and drives within both linux desktop.
however the same does not work in kodi itself.
one system runs galliumos 15.04 - xubuntu based.
the other is ubuntu 16.04

thanks for the help

Mine is the same. Can connect on mint fine, its only kodi that won't take the username/password.
I did try the samba solutions though, just in case, and still nothing.Sad
good morning,
is there a way to downgrade to kodi 16 on linux?
i searched but if i found it i did not understand it.

the kodi shakes are starting to get bad. Smile

thanks
I managed to downgrade to 15.2 thanks to some help on this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2322337
BUT the same thing still happensHuh I'm at a loss now, was fine before!
sorry but,
has anyone discovered an answer for this?
either a fix or a way to downgrade to 16?
i read this but not clear on this if it will even work.

thanks
Ok well I'm a little embarrassed after blaming kodi...
Clearly something else got updated at the same time that I updated kodi and it looks like it was something to do with samba...
I have my network drives set to automatically mount on startup and they worked fine. But, if I try to go to them by browsing the network I get the same problem. I guess thats samba?
So I just edited the source in kodi and pointed towards the mounted share within my home directory and refreshed and it all plays fine again. I've lost all my 'watched' flags but I can cope with thatSmile
Not sure if this is the same for other people?
FYI there was a security update to samba on 19th April to 2:4.3.8
Learning Linux the hard way !!
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...ug/1573221 <- might be related.

Edit: There are 20 open samba bugs in the last 10 days :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't access network after update0