v16 Screensaver minimizes Kodi instead of screen to black
The screensaver is set to "Black", but instead of the screen going to black, Kodi minimizes to the taskbar (Windows 7). This would not be a problem per se, but Windows behaves as though an application is active and will not engage its screensaver mode. Is there a setting I am missing here in 16.1? This worked fine in 15.2.

Thanks.
Not sure if my issue is related...

After upgrading to 16.1 yesterday when my machine resumes after being asleep I have a black screen. Commands from the remote or keyboard do nothing. If I alt-tab to Windows and then back to Kodi everything works normally.

Win 7 Pro
This may help:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258640
I seem to have solved this issue. Apparently, the Win7 screensaver and the Kodi (Jarvis) screensaver do not play nice together. Once I 'disabled' the Win7 screensaver, Kodi is no longer minimizing to the taskbar. I did not have this issue under Isengard, so there must be some interaction between the two that was not evident in the Isengard version.
I've got exactly the same problem.
I've just updated fron XBMC 13 to KODI (jarvis) in my win7 htpc.
Before with xbmc13 at full screen, the OS screensaver never started, it only started if xbmc was closed or icon reduced. Now it starts and when you touch something kodi is icon reduced.

This is very uncomfortable, because if you use a remote control, you don't have the possibility to reopen kodi.

As the other user, now I've solved the problem disabling the windows screensaver, and using only the kodi dim screensaver; but this way I've no more any protection for my plasma display when I uses the htpc not with kodi.
I went back to 15.2 (Isengard) and resolved all of my problems. I would skip Jarvis and wait for the next build.
I feel it's time to revive this thread. I've had a similar problem since Jarvis where if the Win7 screensaver kicks in, Kodi will just minimize and actually block the Windows screensaver until Kodi has been closed. If I have been doing other stuff like browsing while keeping Kodi minimized, Kodi would also block the Windows screensaver from activating.

I upgraded to Krypton today, and in this version the problems just got bigger. If i played music in Jarvis, the music would still play even if Kodi was minimized by the Windows screensaver, but in Krypton the music now pauses until Kodi is maximized again, which is kind of hopeless.

Maybe a solution is to just disable the Windows screensaver, but for me it's a bad one since I only use Kodi for around 10% of the time my machine is active, I also prefer to have Kodi minimized when I don't use it.

I've tried both the built-in "Black" and the add-on "Qlock" screensavers, they mostly produce the same result. "Black" was quite interesting on one occasion on Krypton, where when the Windows screensaver started, the sound crackled for a moment before Kodi was back seemingly in fullscreen and still playing, but when pressing any key it would minimize and pause playback. Maximizing Kodi again made it windowed. I've been unable to reproduce this for a log.

I've been on the XBMC/Kodi bandwagon since Eden, all pre-Jarvis releases handled this fine on my Windows machines. I hope one of the devs have the time to look into it.

As always, thanks to the devs for all the work put into another Kodi release.

Debug log here if anyone's interested.
Screensaver breaks Kodi (using Full Screen). It seems ok on Windowed.

I run Jarvis and Krypton on Win10 in fullscreen on a second display.

I use JRMC for music so I don't see the conflict with resources you do Teq, but my Kodi becomes complete locked by the screensaver.

I have to kill the Kodi process and restart.
EDIT - Nope still can't use a SCREENSAVER with KODI

WTF
Hi,

I am trying to revive this thread as I have had this issue for a long time and don't know what to do.

I have a plasma TV and I use the Windows 10 and Kodi 17.4 screensavers to protect my TV from burn-ins. Unfortunately the last few versions of Kodi seem to have an issue as described by others in this thread. Windows 10 doesn't recognise Kodi as being active and starts it's own screensaver which reduces Kodi. I also use Kodi in fullscreen mode.

Is there any way to avoid this issue apart from going in windowed mode or disabling the windows screensaver.

Cheers
The native Windows screensaver and the Kodi screensavers are not compatible with each other. You cannot use both together.

I have not seen mention of any workaround. You simply need to disable the Windows screensaver.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screensaver minimizes Kodi instead of screen to black0