Howto Rom.collector.browser and retroarch in kodi
updated the config setup 16.07.2017 due to some change i behaviour

Well, sins I have used abit time on geting this to work, I want to share it with other, so you dont have to curse and destroy your TV set.

This guide is for those who have installed kodibuntu, or any buntu versjon from 14.04 or newer.

To start with, get on hold of retroarch, found this guide to be good for that this guide is good

I asume you allready have installed the add on rom.collector.browser in kodi.

So first you have to add new launcer.

1. I found that the "Scrape game info and artwork online" works good so choose that one

2. choose the platform you desire, im gonna go ahead say "SNES"

3. choose the Path to Emulator, in our case its "/usr/bin/retroarch"

4. Emulator params in this case will be (-L /usr/lib/libretro/snes9x_next_libretro.so "%rom%")

"I don want SNES you said?, no sweat, take a look in the /usr/lib/libretro folder, and you will find alot of files there for different consoles, just change out the snes9x_next_libretro.so with the desired one you need"

5. choose where you have the ROM's located

6. set in "*.smc,*.sfc" (or other file mask for snes games you should have)

7. set the SNES artwork folder

and you are done.

Now its time to import game. Have found out that is a good idea to tick the "change scrapers for this run" to only use one Scraper, for now I reccomend thegamesdb.net, and set those other 2 to none.
and go ahead push the import games button.

Now its time to test out if it will fire up.

at first start you will not be happy with the setting, so you have to go ahead find a keyboard and plug it in. Its time to surfe the meny abit.

1. to get the meny to show up, you have to push "F1"
2. use arrows to go trought the thing you need to change
3. to enter the item you need to configure press "X"
4. to get out of the meny press "Z"
5 to exit the meny press "esc"

First thing first:

Screen is not fullscreen:

go into settings ----> video -----> set use fullscreen mode to "ON", and remenger to sett windowsed fullscreen mode to "OFF",(change it with left/right arrow)
If you prefere the 16:9 format remeber to change the Aspect ratio index to 16:9 (use left/right arrow)

No sound:

go into settings ------> driver ------> change from pulse to alsa or sdl (guess alsa is the best bet here)

at the same time here change the joypad driver to sdl2

Now you can try to configure the joystick.

settings ------> input

And excuse the bad english.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Howto Rom.collector.browser and retroarch in kodi0