v16 Black screen and no response to commands after resume from sleep
Just upgraded to 16.1 yesterday. Since upgrade when I resume from "sleep" I get a black screen from Kodi with no response to commands from remote or keyboard. Alt-tab to Windows and back to Kodi resolves the problem. Have never had this issue before.

Win 7 x64 Pro

TIA
I have exactly the same problem with Kodi 16.1 on Windows 8.1. I've posted on a few relevant threads, but so far nobody has been able to offer a solution. You can do a search on "black screen" to read the threads.
In your device manager under 'Monitor', does it show your actual monitor brand or 'Generic'?
(2016-04-26, 16:37)*Spider* Wrote: In your device manager under 'Monitor', does it show your actual monitor brand or 'Generic'?

"generic PnP"

it is a Sony TV. i have a GTX 660 Ti and the Nvidia control panel lists the monitor as "Sony TV"
(2016-04-26, 15:12)twgs Wrote: I have exactly the same problem with Kodi 16.1 on Windows 8.1. I've posted on a few relevant threads, but so far nobody has been able to offer a solution. You can do a search on "black screen" to read the threads.

just found one of the threads you posted a debug log on 4/18 with no response. i think i'm just going to roll-back to Isengard for the time being. besides this new issue from 16.1, Jarvis broke several NextPVR functions (season recording, edit recording settings, ect).
(2016-04-26, 17:13)SnakeEyes Wrote:
(2016-04-26, 15:12)twgs Wrote: I have exactly the same problem with Kodi 16.1 on Windows 8.1. I've posted on a few relevant threads, but so far nobody has been able to offer a solution. You can do a search on "black screen" to read the threads.

just found one of the threads you posted a debug log on 4/18 with no response. i think i'm just going to roll-back to Isengard for the time being. besides this new issue from 16.1, Jarvis broke several NextPVR functions (season recording, edit recording settings, ect).

That's what I did. I'm also going try 16.1 with LibreELEC as soon as I get some free time.
Same problem on win 7
Every time I install any 16.1 build (RC or final) the same issue is always back. As soon as I go back to 16.0 waking up from sleep is fine.
I checked energy saving options, Screensaver, etc. but I can't find anything wrong. Something in 16.1 is breaking the wake up.

I have to alt+tab a few times until Kodi finally wakes up. Pressing keys in Kodi does nothing.

Win 8.1 x64 here.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel C mit Tapatalk
I'm having the same issue with Jarvis 16.1 on Windows with AMD APU, but I found simple workaround.
Just install the Launcher4Kodi app (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136798) and configure it to shutdown Kodi at sleep and restart at resume.
Now you don't have the black screen anymore Smile
(2016-05-10, 12:17)h3llrais3r Wrote: I'm having the same issue with Jarvis 16.1 on Windows with AMD APU, but I found simple workaround.
Just install the Launcher4Kodi app (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136798) and configure it to shutdown Kodi at sleep and restart at resume.
Now you don't have the black screen anymore Smile

This solved it for me as well.
I really wanted to have the 16.1 running om my main Windows system, so i choose this route.

Works great !
I just tried the same on my laptop with integrated Intel HD graphics 4000 and here I don't have the problem...
So it does not seem to be a general problem...
Debug log can be found here when DX error occurs before going to sleep:
http://pastebin.com/gSbx6FLa
I think it's related to the following ticket: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16638
This started to happen to my Intel NUC running 15.2 recently. The strange part is, I turn off all the power saving in Windows 7 because of issues like this.

So when it happened, I immediately went into the power settings in Windows, and sure enough, they were back on. So some patch from MS must have turned Power Savings back on. Soon as I turned it back off, haven't see the issue since.
I was having the same problem also with my Windows 7 HTPC
Was using the onboard AMD Graphics,Changed to a MSI 2G GT 710
and havent had the black screen since

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black screen and no response to commands after resume from sleep0