Solved (kinda) Kodi 16 and Android TV : Live TV slow/stuttering
Hi everyone,

I just upgraded Kodi 15.x to the latest 16.1 on my Android TV, my Raspberry pi and my computer. Everything went well except now on the Android TV, Tvheadend just became suuuper slow on HD channels... (A&V is desynced, image is stuttering)

I didn't changed my settings when I first saw this bug then I tested some "tricks" I found on this forum like :

- Disabling Vsync
- Flushing cache
- Removing app files
- Reinstalling the app
- Disabling Android material acceleration
- Rebooting the TV
- Disabling video interlacing

The problem persists :-(

My other boxes have no problem, the image is in sync and everything works as expected...

Do you guys already have this problem ?

Thanks for your help !
I reply to myself : I found the related bug on the trac : http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16578
Hi, any News on that?
Maybe someone else found a solution? I see there is no action on bug tracker yet...

I have same problem with stuttering live-tv.
Kodi is running on my Sony Bravia Android-TV, TVH 4.05 on backend hardware and Ubuntu.
Kodi 16.1 fromm play-store -> stuttering like hell
Sideloaded 15.2 -> working fine

Thanks for help.
For everybody who is still waiting for Solution:
install spmc instead of kodi.

At the moment spmc seams to be the better implementation of kodi (Android Devices!).
Running much faster and more stable on my android-tv.
I've got almost the same issue. Only getting audio on Jarvis. It's because the Android TV has problems handling MediaCodec, even if it's working fine with normal videos...

I made a thread here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=279399

edit: tried spmc, still no video and still freezes up while changing channels

edit2: tried Kodi 17, I get audio and video, but it's exactly how bistory describes it, almost like slow-motion...
I got exactly same error in my Bravia androidtv. was running fine in 15.x but 16 and up is stuttering and oos..
(2016-06-13, 03:07)Gerrit507 Wrote: edit2: tried Kodi 17, I get audio and video, but it's exactly how bistory describes it, almost like slow-motion...
This is exactly how it is for me, or specifically on 1080i Live-TV.
Haven't tried SPMC yet though.

What was the solution for you?
I had the slow motion thing on my nvidia shield. Found out it was just on the HD channels so will need to investigate some more.

I suspect the wireless may not be fast enough.
(2016-07-05, 10:43)docwra Wrote: I had the slow motion thing on my nvidia shield. Found out it was just on the HD channels so will need to investigate some more.

I suspect the wireless may not be fast enough.

I use cable, so for me that isn't it.
I changed to SPMC and the slow-motion is gone, will see if the stuttering disappears.

I have 2 different phenomenon.
On v.16 it's acceptable but still annoying, for the most parts it's ok. But then suddenly (every 20-30min?) I get a lot of stuttering/dropped frames for a few minutes and then it works again.
On the new alpha v.17 I have the constant slow-motion on 1080i.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(kinda) Kodi 16 and Android TV : Live TV slow/stuttering0