Conflicting Signature while installing 16.1
Hello I am using EZxstream box and I am trying to upgrade to the Kodi Jarvis 16.1. after doing a system update and wiped everything, it put Kodi 16.0

When I Downloaded and Installed the file I am getting An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed. So Kodi 16.1 will not install.

can anybody help. I am a novice at all of this in figuring out all of the Repos and what is needed is daunting.

Thank you in advance
Pretty sure that since you bought from a box seller you should be asking them. I would ask for my money back as well since you paid for something that is free.
Means the box vendor put a non-official Kodi on the box, probably optimized for it.
Stick with the preloaded one to avoid issues, and contact the vendor to get an updated version. Assuming it will never reply, use it as it is or return it.
Well it shouldn't be a problem to completely uninstall pre-installed KODI and install official one, would it? Much easier than asking for money back because of the software problem?
Well when i updated the boxes software, and it wiped my data clean (I didn't know how to back up), it did update the version from 15.2 to 16.0. So I know it is possible to update the version. I just do not know how to get rid of the current error message
Lol because the "boxes software" has its own version of Kodi installed, that doesnt match the one your downloading

So to get rid of the message, delete the installed version of Kodi and install the one you downloaded OR stick with the version that came from the manufacturer

CheerS!
You say to get rid of its own version of Kodi, When I updated the box the version of Kodi went from 15.2 to 16.0. Is that still their own version of Kodi?
Yes, the manufacturer of your box has included Kodi with the firmware. If you want to update to the Official kodi, you need to remove that

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Conflicting Signature while installing 16.10