Bug Record current broadcast instead of direct recording
Been working a lot on perfecting my key mapping recently and found something odd;
In fullscreenvideo when you're watching tv you can only do a direct recording which lasts as long as preset in the settings (Settings -> PVR-Service -> Recording).
However wouldn't it make more sense, or a good option, to have it record the current show/programme according to the EPG data? (If possible even using the buffer for video prior to pressing the button)

In the EPG windows grid sending the <record> command sets a recording for the selected programme, however wouldn't it be more logical to have an option for an ongoing program as well instead of just a direct recording?
Right now you need to open the tv guide screen first and set the recording there.

Since the R was already taken for Rewind I'm using the unused U key for recording for whoever is wondering how I mapped the <record> command to my keyboard and remote.
(2016-04-27, 18:25)Woppie Wrote: However wouldn't it make more sense, or a good option, to have it record the current show/programme according to the EPG data? (If possible even using the buffer for video prior to pressing the button)

I'm sure there was one PVR that did this, I'm on my 4th (and hopefully last!) so I can't remember which one.... MythTV?? maybe? I do agree it would be a nice feature to be able to press record and record the whole program from start to end (obviously only if you've been watching from the start)
@Woppie are you sure the behavior is a you describe it? Looking at the code, it first looks for epg data and if found sets up a timer for the current show. Direct recording with a fixed period of time is only a fallback. This behavior is hard coded in Kodi pvr core and cannot be influenced by any setting or the pvr client / backend used.
(2016-04-28, 08:02)ksooo Wrote: @Woppie are you sure the behavior is a you describe it? Looking at the code, it first looks for epg data and if found sets up a timer for the current show. Direct recording with a fixed period of time is only a fallback. This behavior is hard coded in Kodi pvr core and cannot be influenced by any setting or the pvr client / backend used.

I'm positive, I even have a screenshot;

Last screenshot is if you set it back to 120 min...

I've set it to 60 minutes now instead of the standard 120 minutes and as you see it records a continues stream with 60 minutes and showing that in the tv guide windows. It should only do the current show "Goedemorgen Nederland".

The tv addon being used here is dvbviewer
Took a look at the respective Kodi source code again and found that I was wrong with my first comment. In fact, Kodi always schedules an instant recording starting "now" ending after "instant recording length" settings value.

If people observe other behavior this is due to - strictly speaking - bugs in the pvr client add-ons they use. Those add-ons, for instance pvr.hts, do not implement instant timers like they should according to the specs.

Anyway, I'm currently thinking about making behavior configurable the way that people can decide what shall happen if they hit "record" - "instant recording", "epg based recording" if avail, "ask", ...
(2016-05-18, 07:59)ksooo Wrote: Anyway, I'm currently thinking about making behavior configurable the way that people can decide what shall happen if they hit "record" - "instant recording", "epg based recording" if avail, "ask", ...

Like it =)
What Woppie said!
Here we go: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9847

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Record current broadcast instead of direct recording0