Sound but No Video Output
I have just updated from Jarvis version 16.0 to 16.1. When I play a video from any app I hear the sound but have no video just a flashing screen. I have tried to change settings like hardware acceleration on or off but it makes no difference. Downgraded to version 16.0 and everything is fine again. I am running Kodi on a Windows 10 notebook. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?
At this point it looks like you're the Lone Ranger. debug log (wiki)
I'm facing the same issue, though I'm new to KODI, but I've tried all options been posted in the forum's... tuned settings under Video-Settings-Acceleration and turned off the Video Codec as well... but no use, same flickering screen with grey and black colors. Please HELP
@anandbir

different issue, turn off DXVA2 and toggle software rendering.
@PatK

It's the same issue! That is exactly what I am experiencing my screen flickers with flashing black and white and I have tried turning off hardware acceleration etc. And why does it work in Jarvis 16.0 and not Jarvis 16.1 with hardware acceleration toggled on?
I have exactly the same problem. It started when I tested Kodi 17 with a flickering video output. When I reverted to Kodi 16.0, the colors were pale. With 16.1 the flickering is there again.
As PatK said earlier, post a debug log. Then people in the forums can see what is going on.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug_log
I had a similar issue going from 15 to 16.1. I fixed it by changing Video Render Acceleration setting to Software:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Videos

Something to try at least
Thanks all for your help. I had tried selecting and de selecting hardware acceleration on its own but that made no difference, I then de selected hardware acceleration and found software rendering which was hidden under the first menu option which was set for auto. I then tried, and the video was back so yes that worked for me.
My only question is, why does Jarvis 16.0 work quite happily with hardware acceleration selected and rendering set to auto and Jarvis 16.1 does not and will software rendering have any impact on buffering?
Quote:Jarvis 16.0 work quite happily with hardware acceleration selected and rendering set to auto and Jarvis 16.1 does not and will software rendering have any impact on buffering?
Good to hear that was the solve. It's likely that between 16 and 16.1 there was many changes in code as some of the messages in this forum attest (let's just say teething problems bringing in DX11, many graphic cards have issues). Buffering is an entirely different matter, for local media check the fetch with the keyboard 'o' command and for add-ons look at your bandwidth first, next check the forum for that add-on for support.
Debut log: http://xbmclogs.com/pdrecty3z

Found it.. Set accelleration to Software, and Movies show again.
(2016-04-28, 06:50)PatK Wrote: @anandbir

different issue, turn off DXVA2 and toggle software rendering.

Thanks worked for me
How do I enable software rendering?
System -> Settings -> Video -> Acceleration -> Render Method.

You need "Expert" menus showing, I believe.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound but No Video Output0