Video playback quality - some questions
I recently reinstalled KODI Isengard after upgrading my PC. I now have Intel HD Graphics instead of a dedicated Asus 5450 card.
Videos look terrible, washed out and almost VHS style, I have seen other people report this also.
Its a pity as I remember my previous install worked great out of the box.
I have seen people suggest to install DS Player, will this over write my existing installation?
BTW videos play fine in Media player.
Any help greatly appreciated.
I always had good respect for the Asus 5450 card even if it's slightly dated. Intel is trying to be a graphics company, and in most cases have been fairly successful, but looking back in the forum messages, it's clearly not first choice with users. Here's the wiki DSPlayer (wiki) and this forum http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223175 to help. In the main DSplayer may resolve some of your issues, it's just another external player, but has hooks tied to Kodi for control. I personally don't use it, and find Kodi PQ has not only improved, but I not longer see any great differences between any of the players. It's even possible to use MP Classic HD with Kodi.

Quote:Videos look terrible, washed out
There's a setting in Kodi to use the limited colour set, and I think you need to educate yourself about this, and re-calibrate some your panels. Video levels and color space (wiki)

Just as a last hail merry, can you try software rendering or pixel shaders?.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback quality - some questions0