Main menu/multi-image background SMB?
Hi, I was wondering if there were a way to set the Multi-image background of a main menu item to an SMB share?

I prefer not to show random backgrounds since I'm running a server with multiple drives and I don't want the drives spinning up when the backgrounds randomly change; I'd rather show a single folder that shows the backgrounds, which is on an SMB mounted drive.
(2016-04-28, 00:15)fnwc Wrote: Hi, I was wondering if there were a way to set the Multi-image background of a main menu item to an SMB share?

I prefer not to show random backgrounds since I'm running a server with multiple drives and I don't want the drives spinning up when the backgrounds randomly change; I'd rather show a single folder that shows the backgrounds, which is on an SMB mounted drive.
Hi. As far as I remember (currently running KRYPTON for another Project)… I allow to set multi image background for menu items. Since you can browse for a path, I imagine you can browse your SMB path this way ?
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-04-28, 22:26)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-04-28, 00:15)fnwc Wrote: Hi, I was wondering if there were a way to set the Multi-image background of a main menu item to an SMB share?

Hi. As far as I remember (currently running KRYPTON for another Project)… I allow to set multi image background for menu items. Since you can browse for a path, I imagine you can browse your SMB path this way ?

As far as I can tell, changing the background image for a main menu item (multi-image) starts in specials://skins/extra/backgrounds, or you can set the directory to a local hard disk (C:\) or the home folder (\roaming\kodi\). I don't see a browse for path option -- this is in the "Skin settings => Edit Home menu => Folder".

Under the "KOver Designer => Wallpaper => Background Image => Folder" I can see my SMB shares, which I store in mediasources.xml.
@fnwc : that's weird ! I don't see any reasons on my side for having limitations between one and the other ... I will try to look if I see something odd during the WE but I don't have network shares. The only difference for me AFAIK is the designer path is called by skinning engine action, Home path by SkinShortcuts script. Maybe something in my script settings but I doubt. If not I will have to investigate with Bob if he has an idea / tip about his script.

@fnwc :

Stupid question but did you set the SMB root as source ? If not, can you give it a try ?
Another option but not sure it will change something is editing the overrides.xml in the skin folder : skin.kover/shortcuts and change the line

Code:
<backgroundBrowse default="special://skin/extras/backgrounds/">True</backgroundBrowse>

with

Code:
<backgroundBrowse>True</backgroundBrowse>

I added it to my sources.xml and it shows up. Strangely, I didn't need to set it for "Skin settings => Edit Home menu => Folder".

Thanks for your help!
(2016-05-02, 09:50)fnwc Wrote: I added it to my sources.xml and it shows up. Strangely, I didn't need to set it for "Skin settings => Edit Home menu => Folder".

Thanks for your help!
So it's fixed ?

Yeah thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Main menu/multi-image background SMB?0