MythFrontend-like skins?
There's a lot I don't like about mythtv's frontend. But one thing I really do like is the two-column view for browsing Recordings. (One column for Series name, one column for episodes list.) I have not seen a kodi skin that does a two column layout. Does anyone know of an existing skin with a two column layout?

I decided to try to make one. I based it off the maximinimalism skin.

Good idea/bad idea?
You should check out the Estury skin (the new default in Krypton). IMO it isn't quire ready for use with a mythtv backend (it didn't support episode names last time I looked), but it does seem to have something similar to what you are suggesting.

+1 this skinning idea. Do you have it downloadable somewhere so I could try playing with it?
Yeah, it's on github: https://github.com/b-pass/skin.maximinimalism

I have hacked up the home screen a bit, but its definitely in a state you could play with it.
Cool.. I will check it out. In this same direction -- Does the Kodi skinning give you the ability to change the navigation UX?

The thing that always gets me screwed up in Kodi is the odd behavior of "Escape". Every other device I have uses Escape/Exit to back out of the menu/activity you're in. Because of that, I reflexively hit escape fairly often, which results in the on-screen-display over the video I'm watching.

Can the skin change the UX to be more like MythTV (and every other DVR in the world)? Or, is that baked into Kodi?
(2016-06-14, 17:20)tjharris Wrote: Cool.. I will check it out. In this same direction -- Does the Kodi skinning give you the ability to change the navigation UX?

The thing that always gets me screwed up in Kodi is the odd behavior of "Escape". Every other device I have uses Escape/Exit to back out of the menu/activity you're in. Because of that, I reflexively hit escape fairly often, which results in the on-screen-display over the video I'm watching.

Can the skin change the UX to be more like MythTV (and every other DVR in the world)? Or, is that baked into Kodi?

Don't think the skin can do anything, but you can make a copy of the default keymap and then edit it as you like. http://kodi.wiki/view/keymap

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythFrontend-like skins?0