Nexus Player - keyboard issue
Hi,

Running Nexus Player on Kodi 16.1 and Android Marshmellow. When I added a external keyboard with an OTG cable it seems that my keyboard will not let me type in special characters in Norway (for instance øæå). The keyboard layout seems all wrong.... Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Regards
Simen
Does it work in other apps besides Kodi?
(2016-04-28, 09:27)lolsim Wrote: Hi,

Running Nexus Player on Kodi 16.1 and Android Marshmellow. When I added a external keyboard with an OTG cable it seems that my keyboard will not let me type in special characters in Norway (for instance øæå). The keyboard layout seems all wrong.... Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Regards
Simen
It works with my Nexus Player and I have never typed in Norwegian before testing this feature.

Go to System-Settings-Appearance-International-Keyboard layouts
Select Norwegian QWERTY
Hit OK

When you need to type something, the pop up keyboard will appear, click on English QWERTY and it will change to Norwegian QWERTY.
The characters øæå will appear on the far right on the keyboard.
Hi, checked outside Kodi and same problem...... Any ideas?

Sent fra min E5823 via Tapatalk
It's likely an Android-level issue, then. Are the Android TV settings set to use Norwegian? Sometimes things like physical keyboard input is tied to the same appearance settings. Maybe even try to change the Android TV on-screen-keyboard settings.
Android is set to Norwegian, how to change the on-screen tv settings?

Sent fra min E5823 via Tapatalk

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nexus Player - keyboard issue0