Help with GPIO IR Remote Setup
I can't seem to grasp the concept of getting my ir remote to work through GPIO with openelec/libreelec. I am using a harmony remote setup as a microsoft mce remote. Using OSMC, just go in pick gpio remote, rc6 and it works great. However, I want to test these other (2) platforms but I can't seem to understand how to get it to work. I'm trying to use this guide: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...R_Receiver but not having much luck.
I put
Code:
device_tree_overlay=lirc-rpi
in the config.txt file.

Can't I just get a standard rc6 config/keymap file and put it somewhere to get this to work. I don't think I should have to keypress/map all the buttons on the remote since it worked fine with OSMC. BTW, I will admit that my linux is not the strongest, but I am not a complete noob either. Thanks for helping.

Edit - In case it matters, I am using the latest Libreelec v7 for rpi2 on my new rpi3.
You need to have a lircd.conf file with the keys mapped to the remote that you are using located in /storage/.config

If you do not have that file you can follow the link that you provided to create one.
(2016-04-28, 15:35)Av3nged Wrote: You need to have a lircd.conf file with the keys mapped to the remote that you are using located in /storage/.config

If you do not have that file you can follow the link that you provided to create one.

Thanks for the reply. So can I just download a rc6 lircd.conf file and not have to create my own?

BTW, I can't find /storage/.config Is /storage the location that I can smb into? Do I need to create /.config directory?
http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Guide_...O_Receiver

That's for OpenElec/LibreElec, but it may help a bit for OSMC too?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
That file should work. /.config is a hidden directory so you have to enable “show hidden directory” or whatever it is called so you can see it.
(2016-04-28, 16:08)DarrenHill Wrote: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Guide_...O_Receiver

That's for OpenElec/LibreElec, but it may help a bit for OSMC too?

Thanks Darren. I'm trying to use that guide, but I am obviously missing the basics. I already have the remote working with OSMC. I was just hoping it wouldn't be so hard getting it to work with OpenElec/LibreElec.

(2016-04-28, 16:10)Av3nged Wrote: That file should work. /.config is a hidden directory so you have to enable “show hidden directory” or whatever it is called so you can see it.

That's the thing, I have hidden items to show and /.config isn't there. That is why I wanted to confirm that /storage is what I see when I SMB into the pi. I do have a folder called Configfiles. I think I'm missing some of the basics which is prohibiting me from getting to the next step. And a lot of the guides/info I am running into I know are outdated.
I don’t use SMB but /storage should have

.config
.update
.kodi

And I am not 100% sure because i am at work now so I cannot check but

Video
Screenshot
And some other stuff...
(2016-04-28, 16:54)Av3nged Wrote: I don’t use SMB but /storage should have

.config
.update
.kodi

That's what I've got in OpenElec 6.95.2. If you're using a Windows machine to access your Pi over the network, WinSCP works well. You can edit text files directly.

.config
.update
.kodi

And I am not 100% sure because i am at work now so I cannot check but

Video
Screenshot
And some other stuff...

(2016-04-28, 17:16)dWooluf Wrote:

.config
.update
.kodi

That's what I've got in OpenElec 6.95.2. If you're using a Windows machine to access your Pi over the network, WinSCP works well. You can edit text files directly.

Thanks for the help and suggestions. I did find out that /storage/.config/ is /configfiles/ on a windows share. As I mentioned, I was using LibreElec newest 7.0 build. I made the necessary entry to the config.txt file and still couldn't get it to work. Played around with a bunch of different settings, but nothing would work. So I went back to OpenElec v6.95.2, added the entry to config.txt, rebooted and the remote worked. So, I don't know if something is up or different with LibreElec. If I get a chance, I will try it again. Thanks again for everyone's help.
Anyone have ir remote working in LE v7 on rpi 3 via gpio? I tried again on a new pi and I still can't get it to work. It works just fine on OE v6.95.2 and .3. All I did was add the "dtoverlay=lirc-rpi" to config.txt.

When I run dmesg with OE, this is what I get:

Code:
5.437279] lirc_rpi: auto-detected active low receiver on GPIO pin 18
[    5.437449] lirc_rpi lirc_rpi: lirc_dev: driver lirc_rpi registered at minor = 0
[    5.437453] lirc_rpi: driver registered!
[    5.575090] input: lircd as /devices/virtual/input/input0

I don't get anything about lirc when I do the same in LE. Maybe lirc isn't in the LE builds. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks.
Mine still works fine on my Pi zero under LE 7.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-05-07, 04:38)DarrenHill Wrote: Mine still works fine on my Pi zero under LE 7.

Did you upgrade from another build? Did you do anything else besides add "device_tree_overlay=lirc-rpi" to config.txt? Thanks.

Edit: I decided to install OE, with the config.txt entry, upgrade to LE and the remote now works. This is going to bug me until I figure out why it won't work on a full install. But at least I can run it now.
Went from OE 6.0.3 to LE beta 2 and then through them up to current 7.0.0.

No change to the config, just the overlay you quoted back from the OE setup.

It worked fine in the original OpenElec and also with all the LibreElec betas and the current stable. It was set up via the procedure I linked to above.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with GPIO IR Remote Setup0