Kodi not seeing my external drive on Shield TV
(2019-08-06, 11:13)SephirPrime Wrote:
(2019-08-06, 11:10)DoDe Wrote:
(2019-08-06, 01:53)SephirPrime Wrote: Hello,
I've tried your solution but wit doesn't work (it doesn't do anything). Is your shield rooted or no ? Because when i try to add an external source it detects only the internal HDD not the external HHD pluged  (which can be see by ES explorer by the way)... 
How come ? 
Any help on that matter would be greatly appreciated guys... 
No, it's not rooted. When I'll get home I'll post a short video how to do it.
Regards!  
Ok nice,
Thanks Wink 
In fact i've tried already all these steps... : 

-tried to add "storage/" as a source
-tried to add "USB/2003" as a source (the real path name of the HDD that displays  on the top when i load a movie with KODI via ES file explorer) 
-tried to add source and select "external" (it can only sees the internal HDD of the shield..)

Did i miss something ??
(2019-08-06, 11:20)SephirPrime Wrote:
(2019-08-06, 11:13)SephirPrime Wrote:
(2019-08-06, 11:10)DoDe Wrote: No, it's not rooted. When I'll get home I'll post a short video how to do it.
Regards!  
Ok nice,
Thanks Wink    

-tried to add "USB/2003" as a source (the real path name of the HDD that displays  on the top when i load a movie with KODI via ES file explorer) 
-tried to add source and select "external" (it can only sees the internal HDD of the shield..)

Did i miss something ??   

Please take a look at this video: kodi_video_add_source
At the end you will see the names of my external HDD. You should see similar ones for your HDD. Write them down and then enter them manually in the same way you did with the /storage source.
(2019-08-08, 19:06)DoDe Wrote:
(2019-08-06, 11:20)SephirPrime Wrote:
(2019-08-06, 11:13)SephirPrime Wrote: Ok nice,
Thanks Wink    

Did i miss something ??    

At the end you will see the names of my external HDD. You should see similar ones for your HDD. Write them down and then enter them manually in the same way you did with the /storage source. 
Hello Dode,
thank you for your video. But unfortunately this does'ntt work for whatever reason... look at my video : i've tried exactly what you did : https://youtu.be/ymYXMXyeBSw
But it sees only 2 folder "self" and "emulated" and i can enter any of those anyway... But ES Explorer sees my disc. i can even launch a movie with Es explorer and select Kodi and it launches kodi as a video player... So it IS mounted in the shiled... the problem is Kodi obviously.
(2019-08-09, 03:42)SephirPrime Wrote:
(2019-08-08, 19:06)DoDe Wrote:
(2019-08-06, 11:20)SephirPrime Wrote: In fact i've tried already all these steps... : 

Did i miss something ??    

Hello Dode,
thank you for your video. But unfortunately this does'ntt work for whatever reason... look at my video : i've tried exactly what you did : https://youtu.be/ymYXMXyeBSw
But it sees only 2 folder "self" and "emulated" and i can enter any of those anyway... But ES Explorer sees my disc. i can even launch a movie with Es explorer and select Kodi and it launches kodi as a video player... So it IS mounted in the shiled... the problem is Kodi obviously. 
Try to remove ES Explorer, restart, do the /storage thing and check.
I have never used ES Explorer but I heard it might be one of the problems. I use X-plore
(2019-08-09, 19:41)DoDe Wrote:
(2019-08-09, 03:42)SephirPrime Wrote:
(2019-08-08, 19:06)DoDe Wrote: Please take a look at this video: kodi_video_add_source
Hello Dode,
I have never used ES Explorer but I heard it might be one of the problems. I use X-plore 
i've just uninstalled es explorer and rebooted the shield but still... the problem persists : Kodi can't see the HDD in USB. :/
(2019-08-10, 09:35)SephirPrime Wrote:
(2019-08-09, 19:41)DoDe Wrote:
(2019-08-09, 03:42)SephirPrime Wrote: Hello Dode,
i've just uninstalled es explorer and rebooted the shield but still... the problem persists : Kodi can't see the HDD in USB. :/ 
Ok i think i've found the culprit. 

I 'll post the solution here to those who still struggle with that (it's quite astounding that it so simple and yet, everyone seems to ignore such a limitation). 

Kodi 18.3 can't access NTFS drive formatted with GUID partition. It HAS TO be formatted in MBR or else it won't be recognized at all... At least, that's what worked for me. 

Thanks to DoDe who tried to help, and yes now the "/storage" path is working as it should and shows not only "self" and "emulated" but the actual drive itself Wink 
Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not seeing my external drive on Shield TV0