Android FireTV1 video playback (from NAS) pauses, then starts again
Question 
I'm stumped. I've been playing 1080p videos on Kodi with my FTV1 without problems in the past. Something unknown has changed I need help narrowing the problem down. Here's what I know and tried:
1. When playing a video from my Synology NAS, from 12-25 minutes in, the video will pause, then skip forward about 10 seconds and start playing normal again.
2. This happens with almost every video at least once.
3. I'm using NFS to connect to NAS. I do not have this problem when accessing videos from my iPad using Kodi. But it is true I don't often watch HD content on the iPad.
4. This problem doesn't seem to matter what resolution the files are, though the longer the file, the more times it happens. Most files are .mkv.
5. I don't have problems with buffering web content from external sources.
6. I've tried turning acceleration off.
7. I've tried with/without Enable Passthrough selected.
8. I have a 1GB of space available on the FTV. I have a USB card in, but I don't think it is getting used by FTV.
9. Currently using 16.1, but problem existed in 16.
10. When I turn on logging, nothing shows up, but I'm not sure how to access the log after the fact.
11. I'm on a Win10 machine and use the FireTV utility 0.59 to make changes. I have tried the different buffering settings but I don't know if it is really doing anything. No effect.
12. I get no "buffering" message when the "pause" happens.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
SL
Debug log (wiki) tells you how to gather and upload it, and you can then post a link to it here.

But if it still shows the banned add-ons (wiki) then your request will get binned again.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-04-28, 22:41)DarrenHill Wrote: Debug log (wiki) tells you how to gather and upload it, and you can then post a link to it here.

But if it still shows the banned add-ons (wiki) then your request will get binned again.

OK Darren-
I will work on generating a log. I haven't posted here in a long time and didn't know that the mere mention of a banned add-on was not allowed. The reason for my posting for help was specifically NOT add-on related.
As you were told in your binned thread - we don't support any installation that is contaminated with banned add-ons (wiki), whether the reported issue is related to them or not (or doesn't appear to be).

We've had more than enough cases where such junk gets its tentacles in deeply and screws up things that they had no business at all being involved with.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FireTV1 video playback (from NAS) pauses, then starts again0