DTS/DTS-HD Passthrough Problems
Hi All.

I am new to Kodi, so apologies in advance for any newbness!

I have set up a HTPC based on an Intel NUC NUC6I5SYH, running Kodi 16.0 Jarvis on Windows 10 Pro.
This is connected to a Onkyo TX-NR3030 AV Receiver via HDMI.

My AV is capable of decoding DTS, DTS-HD, Dolby Atmos etc, but all I can get from the Media PC output is Dolby Surround.

The source files are lossless MKV, and using MediaInfo I can see that they are the correct audio tracks.
My Intel Audio settings are set to 7.1 surround, and the AV receiver is correctly shown in the audio properties.
The supported format tab shows all of the expected audio protocols including DTS-HD.

I believe the issue may be with Kodi. On the audio settings screen I appear to be missing a number of options - including "Enable passthrough" and "DTS capable receiver".
I have the audio output device set to WASAPI - TX-NR3030
However, when I play a movie and go to the audio properties of it, the correct audio track information is displayed.

Any suggestions gratefully received!
I use an HDMI-attached Onkyo receiver too and I get HD sound when playing Blu-rays. You don't say which skin you're using but in Confluence the 'missing' options appear only if your 'Settings level' is Advanced or Expert. On the 'System - Settings' page you can change your Settings level by highlighting it and pressing enter to cycle through the options.
(2016-04-29, 00:42)AndyHenderson Wrote: I use an HDMI-attached Onkyo receiver too and I get HD sound when playing Blu-rays. You don't say which skin you're using but in Confluence the 'missing' options appear only if your 'Settings level' is Advanced or Expert. On the 'System - Settings' page you can change your Settings level by highlighting it and pressing enter to cycle through the options.

Sometimes its the simplest answer!
Because I'm using a different skin (Eminence) the option to change from Standard Settings to Advanced is not obvious.
Having found it and changed it I was able to see the required options - DTS capable receiver, DTS-HD capable receiver etc - and enabled them.
All now working as it should be!

Many thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS/DTS-HD Passthrough Problems0