Changing Local Artwork
I'm not sure if there is already a way to do this, I can't seem to find how.
I would like a way to change a movie/tv show's artwork and replace the local file.

For example, If I have these local files:
The Avengers (2012)
poster.jpg
banner.jpg
fanart.jpg
The Avengers (2012).mkv
The Avengers (2012).nfo

In Kodi I can change artwork without issue (information -> change artwork), but it doesn't replace the local file.
I would like a way where I can change the poster and it immediately replaces the poster.jpg.

I would appreciate any help, thanks.
A re-export of the library would do this. Unfortunately, Kodi can't export a single entry, only the whole library.
(2016-04-29, 04:44)Ned Scott Wrote: A re-export of the library would do this. Unfortunately, Kodi can't export a single entry, only the whole library.

Yes, I'm aware I can do a full export or use Artwork Downloader add-on, but the single entry was what I really wanted.
Could I request that feature? Either saving the artwork to the media path upon selection, or even adding a button like "Save to Path" in the select artwork dialog that writes all the artwork to the path?
Thanks.
I don't know if it helps, but my usual method for handling this is to replace the actual file, then Context Menu->Movie Information->Refresh. Click NO to just reload the local files.
A single entry export would be awesome. I would like to see this as well.
(2016-04-29, 06:10)Dalton63841 Wrote: I don't know if it helps, but my usual method for handling this is to replace the actual file, then Context Menu->Movie Information->Refresh. Click NO to just reload the local files.

Thanks, but that's kind of what I've been doing. I actually have another PC set up running MediaCompanion, which manages all my artwork and nfo files. But when I'm already sitting down at my TV and able to change the artwork right there, it seems counter intuitive to go to my pc, do a search for new artwork, save it, come back to my to my tv, then do a refresh.
Doing it from Kodi will make it more faster and easier.
(2016-04-29, 06:33)Ned Scott Wrote: A single entry export would be awesome. I would like to see this as well.
SPMC has the "backend" for it. If someone creates a ticket so that I don't forget, I'll add a context menu entry.
(2016-04-29, 08:03)Koying Wrote:
(2016-04-29, 06:33)Ned Scott Wrote: A single entry export would be awesome. I would like to see this as well.
SPMC has the "backend" for it. If someone creates a ticket so that I don't forget, I'll add a context menu entry.

Just to clarify, are you wanting to add a context menu entry to Kodi or SPMC?
And when you say context menu entry, are saying to add it to the man context menu (play, mark as watched, etc)? Because it might clutter the menu like that, unless it could go under 'Manage' in the context menu?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing Local Artwork0