Can`t access controls in extended screen...
I have Kodi 16.1 installed on a custom build with AMD Phenom 9150e quad core processor running Win 10 home. It seems Miracast and WiFi Direct are not supported with this processor so my only big screen option is to project-extend my desktop to my LG smart tv. Actually only duplicate works which not only ties up my computer for anything else during playback but my mouse will not reach any control buttons at the bottom of the page. For any changes I must put it back on my desktop. In the "project" menue on my desktop "pc screen only", "second screen only" and "extend" will not work at all, only "duplicate" works. I assume this is a screen resolution issue but can not find any way to change it in the Kodi gui. Screen resolution is set at 1440 x 900 (full screen).

Build: Kodi 16.1 Git:2010424-c327c53
AMD Phenom 9150e quad core
ATI Radon HD 3200 Graphics
DirectX 3D version 11.1 (F19.3)
The mouse will move all over the screen but stop just short of the bottom making the play and pause buttons, est. not accessible. Could this be related to why it will not work with extended screen. There must be a way to change screen size in the control panel. If some one could just point me there ?
Supported hardware (wiki) I doubt you're going to have good luck multi-tasking two separate panels with differing resolutions with that kind of gfx set-up. Duplicate is about the best you can do, but you must set-up for the TV resolution as your desktop {e.g. boot directly into the TV with your PC as your desktop, configure the size in windows, launch Kodi and confirm all is functional as you wan ti to be.) then configure your PC monitor in windows as 1440 x 900 as 2nd display... you should be able to directly swap with display switch win+p but and extended fucntion would probably require more gfx power than you have.
Thanks PatK. Your fix did not work exactly as I had hoped but upon further tweaking I was able to configure a work around that I will share. Display settings on my win 10 simply revert right back to Win recommended setting. However in this menu I was able to make my TV as my main monitor. This too, is a little buggy and may take a few restarts to get it right. This will allow full function of the project (Win + P) menu and EXTEND. Launch a browser and simply extend the browser back to the PC. This enables full access to all controls for Kodi on the TV and all PC access. Occasionally a pdf file or something will launch on the TV but just drag it to the PC . If you shut the TV down or change input you must use the Win + P key to chose "second screen only" to restore all your desktop icons, shortcuts, est. back on your PC. You must also relaunch Extend everytime you launch Kodi but its a small price for perfect Kodi on your big screen and your desktop back and all resolutions right on both. I`m not sure what other options are out there and I`d like to hear about them. Thanks !
I don;'t know about you guys that want to watch a movie on your TV and still keep a desktop open with a browser or some text editor. Good movies should have your attention Smile A dev would tell you to buy another computer for all the headaches these set-ups bring.

Well I'm guilty too.... my AVR does the screen switching for me automatically. Prior to that, I used a script that would launch Kodi on the TV and close out the PC using displayswitch (the batch file is available somewhere in these forums), when you exit Kodi it dutifully exits and uses the display switch to move the desktop back to the PC in the correct resolution you've set. My gfx card is good enough for both displays simultaneously, but just barely, limited to the onboard gfx mem. There is more than one solution to all this as you've discovered, and my fingers tire of all the versions I've described, but a search of the forum should bring up a few more.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can`t access controls in extended screen...0