Kodi on Fire TV 4k/2 missing voice channel via passthrough
First off, I have Kodi installed on a HTPC that works fine with pass through enabled on a DTS capable receiver over HDMI (FTV > AVR > TV). Due to a failing PSU that would randomly just not turn on, I decided just to make life easier and use my FireTV 4k in lieu of the PC. I side loaded the android ARM version that's compatible with the Fire TV. It's hooked up exactly in the same configuration as the PC, configuration is identical, pass through enabled, 2.0 channels (which doesnt seem to matter btw), DTS capable receiver checked, etc. The issue is that in this configuration, there's no center voices. All of my movies that are in DTS format play all sounds but no voices from the center channel, usually just echos from the other speakers in random scenes. The AVR has a light that comes on when it detects DTS which is lit. I can clearly hear that the multi channel audio is working across all the speakers yet no voices at all. When i turn off pass through I get voices and 2 channel audio. I've left a movie running and toggled every single option on/off to no avail as well, nothing will allow the speech to be heard with pass through enabled. When I move the HDMI cable back to my HTPC the DTS light is on and all channels work as expected.

The only difference I can think of is that I'm running Jarvis on the Amazon Fire TV and an older version of Kodi on the HTPC, outside of that, the configuration is the same under audio. Is there an issue with Jarvis for this use case? I havent tried using an older version of Kodi yet but certainly will if anyone thinks it could help.

Any ideas?
Same issue with this AC3 file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...20Test.avi ?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Same issue with that file. However, I did notice in this file that the bass and rear left and right channels didnt fire either. When doing the all speaker test at the end those speakers produced audio though.
So - what about a Debug Log?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
In passthrough? in Kodi 16?
It cannot be a Kodi issue but rather something with the AVR, or am I missing something?
Here's the log
(2016-04-30, 13:53)Koying Wrote: In passthrough? in Kodi 16?
It cannot be a Kodi issue but rather something with the AVR, or am I missing something?

Yes, passthrough using Jarvis. I'm not knowledgeable enough about this to say it's not the AVR but logic would dictate that if it worked find on a HTPC but not on the FireTV that it has to be either the Kodi software or the FireTV hardware. I suppose there could be an incompatibility between the FireTV and the AVR though I've heard of no one else claiming this with my hardware.
Well, fact is we have zero control on channel mapping in passthrough. By definition, the encoded audio is passed as-is.
Ok. So it must be something with the FireTV then I suppose. Bummer. Thanks, I'll post back here if I figure it out to potentially help others with the issue then.
mediainfo/ffprobe it
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on Fire TV 4k/2 missing voice channel via passthrough0