Tearing in 3D - found fix but breaks other things
I am running Kodi on HTPC (Windows 7 Professional, i5- new build), hdmi connected through Onkyo receiver to Panasonic Projector (hdmi). I have a mix of mkv files (1080p, x264 and x265). All 2D files play flawlessly. When I try to play 3D files (both HSBS and HTAB), there is extreme tearing, making the files unwatchable. I found a pretty good fix in setting "Vertical Blank Sync" to enabled when movie is playing. This makes the 3D files mostly watchable (seems a little jerky when action is panning, but not unbearable). Unfortunately, when "Vertical Blank Sync" is set to enabled, playing 2D movies often results in the interface getting hung up with the "working" indication in the bottom right.

Any suggestions?
Suggestion? Sure Smile

Why would you want to watch half rez 3D on a Panasonic Projector?
Check this out: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=266316
You already have the Intel, now all you need is Windows 8 or 10.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Thanks Aries- I will give it a read-
On the first page, it mentions playback for 3D ISOs- My sources are either HTAB or HSBS mkvs- I will read through to see if this is applicable.
I still cannot get 3D to play in a way that is watchable. Every 2D file I have plays flawlessly. If someone has the magic combination of settings to make Kodi work with HTAB mkvs, please share-

Thanks!
Revisiting this older thread-
I recently upgraded to Kodi 16.1.

I have found the following settings provide very nice playback of HTAB and HSBS 3D MKVs:
1) Settings -> Video -> Playback ->Enable "Sync Playback To Display." This makes things smoother
2) Settings -> System -> Video Output -> Vertical Blank Sync -> Enabled During Video Playback. This gets rid of tearing.

Unfortunately, a by-product of these settings is that Kodi often get stuck in the "Working..." loop. When this happens, the only way I have found to get out is a hard system reset (power button push!).

Any suggestions on preventing the "Working" hangup? Or breaking out of it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tearing in 3D - found fix but breaks other things0