Linux Dualshock 3 not working ?
Hi guys !
I'm running OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.95.2 on an intel NUC6I3SYH.

A friend lent me a Dualshock 3 controller to give a try with.
I activated Bluetooth, put the controller on USB, removed the USB, then the controller was recognized and worked. Quite nice !

So I bought two Dualshock 3.

I connected them the same way. They are both recognized as "Playstation®3 Controller" and OpenElec says they are "connected".
But... They are not working, and after a while they disconnect.

I did try to delete the 3 controllers in OpenElec, and re-connect them : again, they are all recognized, but only my friend's one is working.

I can't understand why...

I hardly doubt mine are fakes, since they look exactly the same, but I start to be afraid since I read a lot of topics about fake controllers. Still, mine seem to be officials.
Buttons feel the same, texture is the same, I can't spot anything different; except what's written on the back sticker :

The working one is model n°CECHZC2E, 3.7V, 300Ma.
The non-working ones are model n°CECHZC2U a1, 5V, 500Ma.

BTW, In OpenELEC, next to the devices, mine have a keyboard icon while my friend's one as a dualshock icon.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks !
Thread moved to hardware
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I can confirm I got a clone, from Gasia Co.,Ltd.
Any chance to make it work with OpenELEC ?
Might be as simple as adding the PCI ID to the driver, so it's recognized as a dual shock controller vs a generic HID device.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dualshock 3 not working ?0