v13 Version Check Script Error
Since the release of Kodi 16.1 my XBMC 13.2 installations report script error when doing its version check on a windows 8.1 machine (and Fire TV devices). Can I just disable the version check service? I used to get reminded of new versions previously to 16.1 without the script error message. Just wondering what has caused the script error message.
Yes you can just disable it. Before doing so though, it might be helpful to a dev if you grab a debug log (wiki) of it when it errors out.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
I could do that, but in my experience it only checks the version I am running once when a new version comes out. Once I have hit the OK button following the version reminder I do not get it again until the next stable release.
I just realised that all I need to do is re-enable "Version Check " and start the debugger service to reproduce the error. Here is the link to the debug log :-

http://xbmclogs.com/pfto3vh3z
"Kodi 16.1 my XBMC 13.2 installations"

I don't know what this means? A typo, or just something I'm not familiar with?
(2016-05-01, 17:13)donbrew Wrote: "Kodi 16.1 my XBMC 13.2 installations"

I don't know what this means? A typo, or just something I'm not familiar with?

It means that the OP has XBMC 13.2 installed, and that since Kodi 16.1 was released, his version check errors out instead of reporting the latest stable release version.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Version Check Script Error0