Bug KODI fails to display random live TV channels with “Buffering 0%” status
There are already several threads on this forum (and other forums) that describe this KODI problem where random live TV channels fail to display with “Buffering 0%” displayed at the top-right of the screen.
- BUG - Random channels no longer load in Kodi, only buffer
- Kodi nextPVR hangs at Buffering 0%
- lost connection, 0% buffering ; using PVR HDHomeRun Client
- Some channels don't play..
- Odd channel behavior
Other forums:
- LiveTV playback doesn't start
- Tvheadend - Bug #2075
- Kodi 14.0 Streaming hangs at 0% buffering
- Stream Decoding problem
However, I started this new thread because I have the following new observations about this problem that I don’t believe have been documented in the previous threads.

1. Multiple PVR client add-ons fail to display random TV channels
Both the “NextPVR PVR Client” and “PVR HDHomeRun Client” add ons for live TV (TV -> Channels) fail to display the same random TV channels. I believe this problem has previously incorrectly only been linked to the “NextRVR PVR Client.”
NOTE: A recording of a channel that does not display correctly in the KODI TV player (TV -> Channels) is correctly played using the KODI Video player (TV -> Recordings -> ...).

2. “HDHomeRun” video add-on correctly displays all TV channels
The “HDHomeRun” video add-on for live TV (VIDEOS -> Add-ons -> HDHomeRun) correctly displays all TV channels.

3. “HDHomeRun DLNA Tunner” video “file” correctly displays all TV channels
The “HDHomeRun DLNA Tunner” video source for live TV (VIDEOS -> Files -> HDHomeRun DLNA Tuner”) correctly displays all TV channels.

4. This problem does not occur with XBMC-13.2 (Gotham) but does occur starting with KODI-14 (Helix) through KODI-16.1 (Jarvis).

5. This problem does not occur with in KODI with NextPVR 3.3.8 but does occur starting with NextPVR 3.4.8 through NextPVR 3.6.6.

I don’t know enough about how KODI plays TV and video files and streams to understand what the above means. However, I would guess that because the same random TV channels fail to play with two different PVR client add-ons that the problem doesn’t have anything to do with the PVR add-on. Also, I would guess that because the TV channels that fail to play in KODI’s TV player do play in KODI’s VIDEO player that the source of the problem is in KODI’s TV player. Does KODI in fact use a different player for TV and video streams?
I wanted to chime in on this. This started happening to my setup a week ago. Originally I was running Jarvis 16 RC1 since it came out (January?) with no problems. No freezing or whatever. Than last week it started. I can watch a channel in Kodi using the NextPVR addon for about 10-15 seconds before it freezes with 0%buffering at the top. After a few seconds the 0% buffering will jump to 3% buffering for whatever reasons. My hard drive has 350 gigs of space left so I dont think it should be having any real buffering issues which is why I am lost.

I upgraded to the newest Jarvis 16.2 I believe and it still does this. What I don't get is why it started all of a sudden. I can stop the channel and restart it and after another 10 or so seconds it will freeze again.

Running windows 7 X64

EDIT* Ok I fixed my issue. It wasn't a bug it was just a lack of routine maintenance on my part. I have two hard drives C: D:. D is the big drive that stores recorded shows while C runs Windows and does the buffering. My cache had gotten to big and was filling up the hard drive. Also there was a folder full of video ts files that Kodi had stored there. I don't know why but anyway it was deleted to make precious room. Everything is good to do now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI fails to display random live TV channels with “Buffering 0%” status0