• 9(current)
v19 Video Database Cleaner add-on
Cheers matey
(2016-09-08, 09:21)black_eagle Wrote: So, I think I have a fix for this issue Smile

Unfortunately, I do not have any access to the repo which means I can't push out the fix and update everyone automatically Sad

In view of this, you can download the updated add-on from https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vrmw9h3524lwn...1.zip?dl=0 . As far as I'm aware, it should update and install over the top of the old one, but if you have any issues with this, uninstalling the repo version and then installing from zip should fix it.
Tested and seems to work, no more error with sources.xml option selected on Jarvis 16.1 Win10 here.
Now to find the file that contains all the links that were removed. I'm curious.

Thank you @black_eagle !!!

Enviado desde mi Moto X vía Tapatalk!
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
Thanks for the feedback, good to know it's working fine now Smile

The log file will be in the same directory as Kodi's standard logfile. On windows this is %APPDATA%\Kodi\
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Hi

For some reason this does not seem to be successfully removeing paths

Log shows

Quote:07:45:54 T:139713004435200 DEBUG: Video Database Cleaner: Removing unused path /media/media2/Unsorted-Downloads/The.Good.Place.S01E01.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]/
07:45:54 T:139713801406784 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
07:45:55 T:139712882161408 DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 139712882161408 terminating (autodelete)
07:45:56 T:139713004435200 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: { "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.Clean","id": 1 }
07:45:56 T:139713801406784 NOTICE: CleanDatabase: Starting videodatabase cleanup ..

yet it's still thee in the databse
Quote:mysql> select * from path where idPath = 3924 limit 600;
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+------------+------------+---------+---------------+----------------+-------------+----------+---------+-----------+--------------+
| idPath | strPath | strContent | strScraper | strHash | scanRecursive | useFolderNames | strSettings | noUpdate | exclude | dateAdded | idParentPath |
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+------------+------------+---------+---------------+----------------+-------------+----------+---------+-----------+--------------+
| 3924 | /media/media2/Unsorted-Downloads/The.Good.Place.S01E01.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]/ | | | | 0 | 0 | | NULL | NULL | NULL | 3572 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

this script successfully deleted all the url/rtmp typye path

this particular example is the last one of hundreds in the log.

I've installed this from the repo
Hmmm, that's odd !!

Do you have the log file created by the cleaner by any chance ? With that and the debug log I hope I can identify why you are having an issue. If you can post them both to a paste site (or even dropbox them both) then I'll take a look and see if I can pin it down.

Cheers.
(2016-10-02, 09:17)black_eagle Wrote: Hmmm, that's odd !!

Do you have the log file created by the cleaner by any chance ? With that and the debug log I hope I can identify why you are having an issue. If you can post them both to a paste site (or even dropbox them both) then I'll take a look and see if I can pin it down.

Cheers.
have pm'ed you the pastebin links
Before:
Code:
-rw-r--r-- 1 kodi kodi 20811776 Oct  2 00:27 MyVideos107.db

After:
Code:
-rw-r--r-- 1 kodi kodi 20811776 Oct  2 12:08 MyVideos107.db

not much changing under latest master
@Kib - Is that with the version from github, dropbox, or the repo ? Kinda hard to tell without a version no.

Note - Github is 'bleeding edge' and might (probably/definitely) have issues. Dropbox link posted a page back is current 'stable' version, repo (which I can't update) is a version behind the dropbox one.

Yes, I'm aware this is a bit ( a lot!!) of a mess but sadly my hands are tied.
Blush Just installed the DB cleaner and pleased to say it seemed to do the job, no probs AFAIK

Agree with another comment made that while its doing its stuff, nothing to tell you whats going on or when its finished , someone said it could take 10 mins for a large db, so i left it half an hour to be safe

but it cleaned my screen up

I dislike the way KOdi automatically scans the pc and makes a library of all your media files, so a whole lot of old stuff clutters your libraries. Kodi should at least ask first what u want

Anyway thanx 10^6 and will pass on the good word

Robin
(2016-10-02, 12:22)robint Wrote: Blush Just installed the DB cleaner and pleased to say it seemed to do the job, no probs AFAIK

Agree with another comment made that while its doing its stuff, nothing to tell you whats going on or when its finished , someone said it could take 10 mins for a large db, so i left it half an hour to be safe

but it cleaned my screen up

I dislike the way KOdi automatically scans the pc and makes a library of all your media files, so a whole lot of old stuff clutters your libraries. Kodi should at least ask first what u want

Anyway thanx 10^6 and will pass on the good word

Robin

Thanks for the feedback Smile

If I recall correctly, there should be a progress bar if the cleanup is going to take more than a few seconds. Also, Kodi should notify you that it's built in 'clean library' routine has been started (assuming it's enabled in the add-on settings).

The junk is added to the library because of the way the database schema works (I am reliably informed!). Kodi requires a path in the database to play your media and it also requires some video settings (even if these are just default settings). This is the reason that all the paths get added, even though one would think that they don't need to be.
Hi BE I should have mentioned I am using v17 beta (with success so far)

will check to see if clean library app is there

Robin
(2016-10-02, 13:20)robint Wrote: Hi BE I should have mentioned I am using v17 beta (with success so far)

will check to see if clean library app is there

Robin

I should have said

Kodi 17.0-beta2
Git:20160917-aa5d1e5-dirty
sep17 2016

Its not visible and is a known issue to do with skins, but it must be in the background because your app cleaned up my libraries ok

Perhaps I should have stayed with v16 Jarvis but it had this annoying PVR error popping up and would need a clean re-install with deselection of pvr (I don't need it anyway)

but then I'd start afresh so was tempted by good report of 17beta-2

so I'll soldier on Iguess

Cheers
RobinBig Grin
Thanks for the feedback. I've got a K17 version (built from source yesterday) so I will look into that for you. Glad that it's cleaned your db for you though Smile
should have posted this

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=164191&page=2

missing library cleaner in v17
I just ran 0.5.4 on Kodi 17 beta 2 (20160917), seems to have worked fine. It decreased a 33mb SQL database by 200kb.

The only issue I had was with the default skin displaying the addon, it only showed 12 of my paths (scrambled on purpose in the screenshot), and didn't show all the buttons correctly (this is most likely due to skinning engine changes in Kodi 17).

Thanks again for the work you put into it. No complaints.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Database Cleaner add-on5