Launch addon instead of TV icon
When I am in Kodi and I click on the TV icon, I would like it to launch something different then the PVR backend. When I click TV I would like to have it launch the HDhomerun addon and I would like to view the guide from hdhomerun instead of the pvr backend but that might be asking a little much. If we could do that and take it just a bit farther, I don't even mind using the PVR backend guide as long as when I click on the show it opens the channel in the hdhomerun addon. Is any of this possible?
You can do this with a skin that allows custom home menu

Sent from my XT1254
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Thanks a lot, I might give that a try. Only reason I haven't been switching skins to try it is because it seems like there's always a few things that don't work right if I'm not using the original skin.
Ok, im looking into the custom skins. I want to maybe make an attempt at doing something a bit more complicated before I just change the TV icon link. Can someone point me in the right direction so I can see the bit of code that says something along the lines of "when i'm viewing the guide from the homescreen and I click on a show in the guide, open the live TV (pvr im assuming) with this channel ID" I'm thinking of of replacing the part that says to start the TV with the selected channel to start the hdhomerun addon with that same channel. Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launch addon instead of TV icon0