Win Updated to Win 10 - Lost ability to control Kodi sound w/ Volume Up/Down key
So, I'm at a lost here. I just finished updating from Win 7 Pro to 10 Pro.

Prior to the update...whenever I pressed Volume Up/Down/Mute on my Logitech Dinovo Mini ... Kodi's internal volume would react to whatever button I pressed. So if I pressed volume down...the volume would decrease in Kodi and I would see Kodi's own volume control. It was great.

After the Win 10 update ... the volume buttons are being sent to Windows ... so I see the Windows volume slider go up/down/mute...but it has zero effect on Kodi. So, if I mute the volume ... Kodi doesn't mute. If I turn the volume down ... Kodi stays at the same level.

It doesn't matter if I have Windows audio setup to allow exclusive control or not. It doesn't matter if I'm using HDMI (to the TV) or Optical (to the receiver). Pass-through is disabled.

I tried remapping the key using key mapper, just in case ... but to no avail. Pressing the various volume buttons gave the same series of numbers (16839168) ... and upon saving/exiting ... the volume keys are still being sent to Windows audio slider. The - and + do control Kodi's audio ... but that isn't what I want (because I have to hit the FN key)

I'm sure there is a simple fix ... but I've been messing with this thing for half the day and have spent the last two hours or so trying to find the solution.

Any help would be appreciated and thank you for all the work you do on this great software.

Version: Kodi 16.1
Have you tried installing Logitech SetPoint?
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
(2016-05-01, 09:38)levi.baker88 Wrote: Have you tried installing Logitech SetPoint?

Thank you for the response. I installed the SetPoint software after seeing your post ... unfortunately it didn't rectify my issue. The only change was the volume slider went from the "old" Windows one to the Logitech one. The volume up/down/mute keys are still "bypassing" Kodi and going straight to the Windows audio stack (which doesn't turn up/down/mute while Kodi is playing).
What skin are you using? I had the same problem, switching back to Confluence fixed it. I don't remember which skin caused it.

Are you on Kodi 16.1 RC or Stable?
(2016-05-01, 15:54)donbrew Wrote: What skin are you using? I had the same problem, switching back to Confluence fixed it. I don't remember which skin caused it.

Are you on Kodi 16.1 RC or Stable?

Yes, I'm using Kodi 16.1 stable (with no mods) and the Confluence skin. 16.1 stable was also installed prior to upgrading the system to Win 10 ... and it didn't have this problem (volume buttons worked fine). I did map my 1,2,3 keys (which are directly below the volume up/down/mute) which enables me to control Kodi's sound. It is a good temp fix ... though I'm still hoping to be able to use the normal volume keys as they were in the past.

Thank you again.
Maybe delete the user files and remove/reinstall Kodi on the new OS.

I have been chasing my problems so much, I've forgotten which is what. Turns out almost all of my probs with Jarvis are related to DX 11 not supported by my video card. I have given up on Jarvis, since I have absolutely no intention of spending money on hardware in order to "upgrade" software.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updated to Win 10 - Lost ability to control Kodi sound w/ Volume Up/Down key0