Android Kodi not recognizing external HDD
Hi all,
I am new here so be gentle on me!
To get to the point, here is my issue:

The issue:
My powered external USB 2 HDD is no longer recognized by Kodi (Jarvis 16.1). The last time it was working was right before our previous HDD crashed (From the dreaded Click of Death). I have attempted many different things and I absolutely cannot get it working again. It seems most illogical and I cannot understand what is going on because the issue pretty much contradicts itself seeing as it can be seen in Windows perfectly. It also seems to be an issue with a powered external HDD because if I plug in a non-powered USB 3 HDD, it can be seen perfectly.

What I have tried:
1. Restarting the Android box as well as the HDD.
2. Force stopping, clearing cache and clearing data for the Kodi app
3. Uninstalled and reinstalled Kodi
4. Reformatted HDD
5. Replaced HDD with two others (500GB Seagate and a 2TB Seagate)
6. Changed HDD enclosure to a USB 3 powered one
7. Tried adding the HDD from Add Source.../ Root Directory/ mnt/ usbhost
8. Plugged in two non-powered external HDDs, to check USB ports and they both showed up perfectly in Kodi

Other info:
1. All 3 tried HDDs work perfectly in Windows 10 and I am able to access them with no issues.
2. All 3 HDDs have been writable and have no issues (Disk checked and defragged)
3. I can access all 3 HDDs within ES File Explorer which I have installed on the device as well.
4. My device is a MediaBox (A South African brand running Android 4.4 media player, Google it for info)

I am rather baffled right now and I would very much like my media server back, any help will be appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not recognizing external HDD0