Only .wtv files stop playing after 7-10 min.
Only when using a video in .wtv file format will KODI play fine for about 7-10 minutes then the video stops and KODI returns to the show list where I launched the video.

I can resume without any loss of show time and even have backed up to a point just prior to KODI dropping the program to see if it was something in the file. NO it was not. The video will continue playing for another 7-10 minutes and again KODI stops playing and returns me to the previous screen where I can resume playing the same video.

KODI [Jarvis] is running on a 2 month old NVIDIA Shield and it pulls ALL my videos in all file formats over WiFi from my Western Digital NAS.

In my setup, which works well for me, I am using Windows Media Center to schedule and record live TV off my HDHomerun Extend tuner.

The recorded files reside on my laptop, running WMC, and the reason I am using WMC is it only uses less than 15% of my CPU cycles during record so the laptop is free for other tasks. This is also done over WiFi.

Then when the show is over, I manually copy the file to my Western Digital NAS and KODI plays from the NAS over WiFi. Other file formats work fine so I am assuming this is not a WiFi issue as it only effects .wtv formats.

I have watched tons of .ts file formats generated by VLC on the same laptop and KODI plays those fine but the laptop really struggles during recording hence my desire to use WMC [for as long as the EPG remains alive]. It actually is a nice, low cpu usage program.

WMC and KODI are very close to playing well together if I can fix this dropping out of play problem
I have successfully installed ServerWMC and it works perfectly with KODI. Now I can use KODI to handle just about every live OTA TV function. GREAT progrram guys.

Still have the oddball problem of the occasional stopping play only while running .wtv file formats.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Only .wtv files stop playing after 7-10 min.0