Android 5.1 Passthrough not properly working on Jide's Remix Mini
Hi guys, I was given one of these Remix Mini android PCs as a gift and I wondered if it was possible to connect it to my 5.1 surround system (which is an analog one, i.e. 3.5 mms jacks only, as inputs). To give it a try, I used my HDMI audio decoder (one of these http://www.amazon.it/Hdmi-hdmi-digitali-...ecoder+5.1) to extract the audio. I use it with my PS3 and PC without problem, so I assumed it was worth a shot.

Now, here comes the trouble: the passthrough options in the PlayStore Kodi version does actually work, but the sound in the movies with AC3 tracks is noisy and clicky. With DTS tracks, it goes a little better: the sound is clear, but it drops every 2-3 seconds, so the problem still remains. I did some researches on the internet, but came up with nothing definitive, as I wasn't able to figure out if there was a solution or not. I also tried other Kodi versions without luck (the only version which actually gives me a 5.1 output, even as choppy as it is, is the PlayStore one).

So, here's my question: is it possible to have this working or it's an unresolvable hardware-related issue?
PS the Remix Mini is equipped with a 1.2GHz quad-core cortex A53 (64-bit) Allwinner processor.

Thank you Smile!
No ideas Confused?
Quote:PS the Remix Mini is equipped with a 1.2GHz quad-core cortex A53 (64-bit) Allwinner processor.

First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
LoooooooooL man that was hilarious!!! So, there's nothing I can do... Thanks for the answer, I'm gonna stick with 2.0 audio. PS congrats for the great work you're doing with Kodi, I am a fan of the project since the xbox version times Big Grin!
Just another question: is there any chance to get something like this (let alone its poor quality) working on such device with Kodi?
If the OS supports it, we support it. It's a driver thing, kodi sticks to standards.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-05-04, 14:09)losifabio Wrote: LoooooooooL man that was hilarious!!! So, there's nothing I can do... Thanks for the answer, I'm gonna stick with 2.0 audio. PS congrats for the great work you're doing with Kodi, I am a fan of the project since the xbox version times Big Grin!
You may want to try Kodi fork SPMC with that device. You may be surprised.. Big Grin

Sent from my GT-I9190
(2016-05-04, 21:15)Damac10 Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 14:09)losifabio Wrote: LoooooooooL man that was hilarious!!! So, there's nothing I can do... Thanks for the answer, I'm gonna stick with 2.0 audio. PS congrats for the great work you're doing with Kodi, I am a fan of the project since the xbox version times Big Grin!
You may want to try Kodi fork SPMC with that device. You may be surprised.. Big Grin

Sent from my GT-I9190

Mmmmmmmmm I already tried it (the play store version), but had no luck. To be precise, I had no 5.1 audio at all, not even the clicky/intermitting one I obtained from Kodi...

(2016-05-04, 20:39)fritsch Wrote: If the OS supports it, we support it. It's a driver thing, kodi sticks to standards.

Ooook, so I'm gonna ask to the Jide dudes about this matter Big Grin!
(2016-05-04, 21:22)losifabio Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 21:15)Damac10 Wrote:

Sent from my GT-I9190

Mmmmmmmmm I already tried it (the play store version), but had no luck. To be precise, I had no 5.1 audio at all, not even the clicky/intermitting one I obtained from Kodi...

(2016-05-04, 20:39)fritsch Wrote: If the OS supports it, we support it. It's a driver thing, kodi sticks to standards.

Allwinner devices have zero support for Kodi.
That is why their devices are so cheap because they have terrible software support and abandon devices a few weeks after release.
The 'Jide' people won't be able to do anything without support from Allwinner.

(2016-05-05, 05:19)mo123 Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 21:22)losifabio Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 21:15)Damac10 Wrote: You may want to try Kodi fork SPMC with that device. You may be surprised.. Big Grin

Sent from my GT-I9190

Allwinner devices have zero support for Kodi.
That is why their devices are so cheap because they have terrible software support and abandon devices a few weeks after release.
The 'Jide' people won't be able to do anything without support from Allwinner.

Mmmmmm and this is a really bad thing. So, the only possible solution I got is to sell the device and buy a more "serious" Android box Big GrinBig Grin. Guys, thank you all for the answers Wink!
Very common scenario with cheap chinese tv boxes. Good hardware, poor software and lack of support.

Beyond of that, buying anything with so old Android version, without any hope to be upgraded is stupid idea.
(2016-05-05, 14:47)giaur Wrote: Very common scenario with cheap chinese tv boxes. Good hardware, poor software and lack of support.

Beyond of that, buying anything with so old Android version, without any hope to be upgraded is stupid idea.

Yeah, I generally tend to agree with you... problem is that this device was a gift, so I had not much of a choice! However, the Remix Mini is equipped with (the really nice, I have to say) Remix OS, which last version is based on Android 5.1 so, not a version issue. Let's say that this device is just meant to offer a good desktop experience on Android, so every other usage could be beyond its possibilities. In the end, I can say to you that it plays x265 1080p videos with not so much effort, so the hardware is not really that crappy. The real problem lies in the software support, as fritsch said before!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5.1 Passthrough not properly working on Jide's Remix Mini0