v16 Sound issues - still.
Several days now since first starting the setup and still trying to get the M8S box to work correctly.

I have upgraded from v14 ( pre-installed on the unit ) to version 16.1 to see if it helps.

So still unable to get anything other than Stereo to be output from the M8 unit even though settings look to be right and using the optical output
Input on the AV amp is working OK.

Also I randomly and often lose the sound completely and have to reboot the unit.

Any ideas please?
Try SPMC (wiki).
Do I download this to run along side the installed version of Kodi or fully uninstall it first?
Total newbie I'm afraid.
You can have them both installed at the same time.
Thanks,I'll try this later on then to see if it helps.
I just saw that you also have the Mini M8S box? Is it the one using the Amlogic S905 chip or the other one that is also an M8S? Mine is the former, with the S905 chip.

I am also experiencing problems with outputting multi-channel audio from it. Passthrough does not work correctly if the source is DTS. I get sound stutter every 3-5 seconds. I have not even tried the DTS HD and Dolby True HD formats.

I guess that it is a firmware problem. If the developer does not provide a firmware update (I have contacted the seller), I will be returning mine for another one using the S905 chip but from a more supported brand. I had no idea that buying a no-name box that shares the same chip and OS like some more expensive models will make any difference.
Looking at the spec mine looks to be using a S812 chip.
No multi channel sound of any sort being out put for me.
SPMC tried and have sound issues still.

I do now get a DTS sound track working OK but randomly the sound disappears completely with a power off reboot being required to make it work again.

I have returned back to Kodi 16.1 and still the same, works but randomly completely stops.

Any further ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound issues - still.0