Building Kodi 17 on Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS
So I did set up a fresh SD card with the most recent version of Raspian and moved everything to an external 2,5" HDD. As the installation of the addittional packages that greenbag used for his build brought up many dependency problems I installed the same packages as for my successful Jarvis build. Everything worked out fine until the make command. Then a similar error appeared as during my last unsuccessfull build of Kodi 17. During
Code:
CPP     xbmc/music/MusicThumbLoader.o
the external HDD was constantly reading or writing for an hour or so until I pulled the plug because I also was not able to connect to the raspberry via SSH and shut it down. Any ideas or suggestions?
Tried it again. but no luck.

Code:
CPP     xbmc/music/tags/TagLoaderTagLib.o
CPP     xbmc/music/windows/GUIWindowMusicBase.o
CPP     xbmc/music/tags/TagLibVFSStream.o
TagLibVFSStream.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void MUSIC_INFO::TagLibVFSStream::insert(const TagLib::ByteVector&, TagLib::ulong, TagLib::ulong)’:
TagLibVFSStream.cpp:184:52: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
     if (m_file.Write(buffer.data(), buffer.size()) < buffer.size())
                                                    ^
CPP     xbmc/music/tags/ReplayGain.o
AR      xbmc/music/tags/musictags.a
CPP     xbmc/music/MusicDbUrl.o
CPP     xbmc/music/windows/GUIWindowMusicNav.o
CPP     xbmc/music/windows/GUIWindowMusicPlaylist.o
g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.9/README.Bugs> for instructions.
../../Makefile.include:97: recipe for target 'MusicDatabase.o' failed
make[1]: *** [MusicDatabase.o] Error 1
Makefile:420: recipe for target 'xbmc/music/music.a' failed
make: *** [xbmc/music/music.a] Error 2
CPP     xbmc/music/windows/GUIWindowMusicPlaylistEditor.o
make: *** Warte auf noch nicht beendete Prozesse...
CPP     xbmc/music/windows/GUIWindowVisualisation.o
CPP     xbmc/music/windows/MusicFileItemListModifier.o
AR      xbmc/music/windows/musicwindows.a

No idea why it always stops at this point.
@rucksman
look in your dmesg or /var/log/syslog
compiler/linker probably got killed because of OOM
building large projects requires vast amounts of RAM,
make sure you have a swap partition/file large enough
I set a swapfile of 1900M., for both Raspbian Jessie and Ubuntu Mate. This is overkill for Kodi, but I was previously building Qt5.5.1 so I just used 1900M

Mike
Did you expand the swapfile in /etc/dphys-swapfile or did you make a special swap partition?
(2016-05-26, 17:16)rucksman Wrote: Did you expand the swapfile in /etc/dphys-swapfile or did you make a special swap partition?

I have done both.

For Raspbian I increased the size in etc/dphys-swapfile
CONF_SWAPSIZE=1900.

For Ubuntu Mate I created a swap partition on the SSD.

Mike
That did the trick. I increased the size of the swap file in /etc/dphys-swapfile and the build process ended successfully.. Thanks for helping!
Good to all I'm new to the forum and my problem is:
I have the Raspberry Pi 3, have the Ubuntu Mate 16.04 operating system, you could install the Kodi program, but when I give you to watch a movie is loading and exit the program.
How do I watch the movies?
(2017-02-11, 13:21)Agnes20 Wrote: Good to all I'm new to the forum and my problem is:
I have the Raspberry Pi 3, have the Ubuntu Mate 16.04 operating system, you could install the Kodi program, but when I give you to watch a movie is loading and exit the program.
How do I watch the movies?

Have you set gpu_mem? gpu_mem=256 in config.txt is recommended on a Pi3. Otherwise post a debug log (wiki).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Building Kodi 17 on Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS0