kodi crashing
Hi everyone,

Please forgive me if I ask for detailed answers but I'm new to linux.
I installed mint 17.3 on an old PC and decided to try to use Kodi on it.
I installed it with the instructions I found on the wiki (http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux) but every time I open Kodi I get a black screen and it crashes before showing anything, sending me back to my desktop.

Here's a crash report:
http://pastebin.com/6dVTiSVw

The computer is a 32-bit Pentium 4 (2.4 GHz), the graphic card is a Nvidia Geforce4 440 MX with AGP 8x.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks for your help!
Upgrade the GPU - we don't run on 2003 hardware, sorry.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
well, I did buy a better GPU which is going to arrive in 2 weeks but unfortunately on that mobo I can only use AGP graphic cards, i.e. old ones. Any idea if Kodi is going run on a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro?

Edit: Well, I just saw that also the "new" one was out in 2003...

Thanks for your help anyway.
To my knowledge there is a 8600 GT nvidia that fits into a AGP slot and will work with legacy drivers.

I suggest a Raspberry Pi3 - especially with hw decoding it is much better suited than your old system.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Well, the truth is I was just hoping to save this old machine and use it to stream once in a while but I wasn't into spending money to have fully functional HTPC.

Now that I saw the price of that Raspberry Pi3 I realized I could save the 15 euros I spent on a new-old GPU.

Thanks a lot!
(2016-05-02, 18:58)fritsch Wrote: Upgrade the GPU - we don't run on 2003 hardware, sorry.

I am proud to tell you that you do run on 2003 hardware! Lol

I received the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and I mounted it. Jarvis 16.1 works fine. The only thing I noticed is a weird artifact on the screen (see picture). Any idea why the words "File manager", "profiles", "system info" and "events" are distorted? Should I open a new thread?

No ... that's exactly what I told you ... your hw does not support the GL version we need. This can be workarounded by faking GL_VERSION and the result you currently see. No need to open another thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi crashing0