Anyway to display Dolby Atmos logo?
Any chance this can be added for the v18 skin engine? 3D audio is quite well established now and there's no way to show these audio formats as labels atm except for renaming the files... Although mediainfo is able to read them. Can't Kodi do the same?
OSMC Skinner      |    The OSMC Skin for Kodi v20 Nexus (native 16:9, 21:9 and 4:3 skin, special cinemascope/CIH version available)      |     GitHub: https://github.com/Ch1llb0/skin.osmc
It's quite frustrating to see that no dev seems to be interested in this too much... Undecided
OSMC Skinner      |    The OSMC Skin for Kodi v20 Nexus (native 16:9, 21:9 and 4:3 skin, special cinemascope/CIH version available)      |     GitHub: https://github.com/Ch1llb0/skin.osmc
It's skin-dependent. Use a skin that supports the 3D audio formats and ensure the appropriate films include ".atmos" or ".dtsx" in the filename. Once done, clean the library and rescan.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
That's exactly the point of what I'm asking... Whether it can be implemeted to READ the 3D audio codec information from the video file itself and not have to rely on file naming. Tools like MediaInfo can detect 3D object based audio codecs in video files and even list the amount of audio objects included. Why can't Kodi implement this?
I agree with you, but at this point the problem lies with ffmpeg in Kodi - it doesn't yet distinguish between TrueHD and TrueHD Atmos, or DTS-HD MA vs DTS-HD MA carrying DTS:X; I can't remember why they don't just use the MediaInfo API like TinyMediaManager does, but there was a reason I cannot remember. (per a Kodi developer - I asked the same question quite a while back.)

It shouldn't be a problem forever, but even ~5 years since these object based audio formats were announced, these are not yet "mainstream" audio formats for the home. I don't know if that is ffmpeg's actual excuse...it shouldn't be since MediaInfo has no problem. The guy who created MediaInfo isn't the sole genius who figured it out.

Anyway, you have to do everything manually for the time being in the skin. For my skin, the instructions are located in this post:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2670808

Use these Dolby Atmos / DTS:X logos if you'd like (below - they're there, they're just white)

DTS:X Colored (DTS is white, transparent background)

Atmos "Colored" / Default (white / transparent background)

DTS:X Default (white / transparent background)
(2018-11-18, 08:40)alexsisk Wrote: I agree with you, but at this point the problem lies with ffmpeg in Kodi - it doesn't yet distinguish between TrueHD and TrueHD Atmos, or DTS-HD MA vs DTS-HD MA carrying DTS:X; I can't remember why they don't just use the MediaInfo API like TinyMediaManager does, but there was a reason I cannot remember. (per a Kodi developer - I asked the same question quite a while back.)

It shouldn't be a problem forever, but even ~5 years since these object based audio formats were announced, these are not yet "mainstream" audio formats for the home. I don't know if that is ffmpeg's actual excuse...it shouldn't be since MediaInfo has no problem. The guy who created MediaInfo isn't the sole genius who figured it out.
That's useful information! Knowing what the reason is for the current behaviour is already something... Thank you for the insight Smile 3D object based audio isn't completely mainstream yet, correct. But it's more and more common, so a more seamless and less user-reliant solution for skins to show these labels would be really great. Nod

I'm currently using this approach as well to show the labels, but I was trying to figure out why passing on codec information wasn't possible yet and if that may change some time soon. The fact that the devs themselves are not replying here gives me the impression that this is not really high on anyone's priority list... Sad
Trust me I can't wait until I no longer have to use the renaming function in my media manager.

My videos have stupid long file names so that my skin displays the proper logos.

Recent example: Venom (2018) HEVC-4k-HDR Atmos-8ch.mkv
I have movies with English and German Audio. How should I manage it there - just take the better one?

For example Equalizer 2 hast English (Dolby TrueHD with Dolby Atmos) and German (DTS-HD Master Audio)…

So filename I will use: The Equalizer 2.4k.bluray.atmos.mkv
(2018-12-13, 07:29)alexsisk Wrote: Trust me I can't wait until I no longer have to use the renaming function in my media manager.

My videos have stupid long file names so that my skin displays the proper logos.

Recent example: Venom (2018) HEVC-4k-HDR Atmos-8ch.mkv

What skin would that be? Everything except dynamic range, (audio and video) bit depth and 3D audio can be retrieved from infolabels by every skin...
Atmos logos show for me for movies in Aeon Nox Silvo with NFO scrapped with tinymediamanager.

Edit: My file naming does not include Atmos or any other codec info.

I did a MusicVisualisation mod for Silvo that displays Atmos logos for audio only music files, based on the album folder name contains ‘(Atmos)’. See this forum’s Music section for my post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyway to display Dolby Atmos logo?1